Final Introduction for the rising price of cigarette

•  
  • 621
  • 1
  • 1
It is evident that cigarette usage is a serious problem in society not only for the smoker’s health but also the health the nation as well. According to Annual number of deaths by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in 2004, from 2000 through 2004 smoking has been a leading cause of Lung cancer (29%), Ischemic Heart Disease (28%), Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (21%) and Other Diagnoses (10%) among 443,000 numbers of deaths. Also as reported by the Korean Herald’s article, one out of 5 Korean male is predicted to die of an illness engaged to smoking. Some people content the new policy of raising the price of cigarette because they believe that the rising price would interfere in the smoker’s right to pursue their happiness. I, however, believe that the rising price of cigarette would lead to more positive outcomes. Therefore, I will argue that raising the price of cigarette is an effective and plausible way to reduce smoking rate with several reasons. I will limit my discussion to the three ideas that I feel are the most relevant to this topic.