Printed books have had more effect on society than television has

•  
  • 2439
  • 0
  • 1
It is evident that in our society printed book has tremendous importance in our lives. Some people think that televisions influence our society positively than printed books. I however, believe that Books are still a significant role in our daily lives. There are several reasons that I could discuss to support my discussion, so I will limit my discussion to the two that I feel are the most relevant to this topic. First, People have more chances with books. Also, they are interrupted to make wide relationships.

First of all, the most important reason for my feeling this way is that it is much easier to become a successful professional when they read printed books. Commonly in society, companies tend to prefer people who have read classic books of human history. If they are willing to read books, they will be able to obtain a numerous range of knowledge which is an essential element in the workplace. A really good example can be seen in Steve Job. I read online that Jobs, a CEO of Apple transformed his company into the most profitable information technological enterprises in the world. In one of his interview he said that he established his own library in his office buildings to give a various opportunities to his co-workers. By doing so, they realized what people need who are living in our current would. As a result, he and his workers were able to create many hit products such as iPad: the most successful E-book and tablet PC ever made. This example clearly shows that books still have positive effect on human because of the success it entails.

Also, another reason for my thinking this way is that People cannot build relationships with their peers when they don’t read printed books. Due to various changes in culture and individualism, it is becoming increasingly difficult to meet and build relationships with others. This would be magnified if they only watch television except for reading books. A recent article I read on Korean Herald revealed some interesting findings. A surprising number of managers of human resources from Samsung which is the most famous company in Korea claimed that they are lonely. They have more opportunities to make mere acquaintance but the relationships never reach the genuine friendships. Just last quarter, I was able to make one co-worker because I didn’t try to read many books. But other workers need people to have humble attitude which can learn from printed book. This outcome, or the lack thereof, shows watching television is not a good strategy to build truly relationships with others because it hinders people from social expanding.

All in all, with the reasons that I mentioned above, I believe that I have sufficiently and adequately explained my position on the matters regarding this topic.