It is better to have a low salary job that is secure than to have a job with a high salary that can be easily lost.

•  
  • 1623
  • 0
  • 2

It is evident that in our current society having a job has tremendous importance in our lives. Some people think that a high salary job is much better, while other do not. I however, believe that a low salary job is more relevant to our lives. There are several reasons that I discuss to support my argument, so I will limit my discussion to the two that I feel are the most relevant to this topic. First, it gives us a chance to make relationships. Also, it relieves our stress from our competitive life.

First of all, the most important reason for my feeling this way is that Businessmen cannot make relationships with co-workers. Due to various changes in culture and individualism, it is becoming increasingly difficult to meet and build relationships with others. This would be magnified if our work environment is competitive. A recent article I read on Korean Herald revealed some interesting findings. According to the article, a surprising amount of workers claimed that they are lonely. They have the opportunity to make mere acquaintance but the relationships never reach the genuine friendships because they are too busy. Just last winter, I was able to make just one friend at work because our company gives employees a lot of tasks and incentive. As this outcome, or the lack thereof, is a clear indicator that a lot of work doesn’t make strong relationships because it hinders people from expanding social networks.

Also, another reason for my thinking this way is that white color workers receive a substantial amount of stress. Workers are stressed out because of the tremendous workload which they have to cope with. If they are not free from the survival to stay work, they will not be able to enjoy their lives which may lead to health problems. A recent article I read on HanKuk Ilbo which is the most influential business magazine revealed some valuable reports. According to the report, a numerous amount of workers claimed that they had stomach problems. I found it interesting because the article mentioned this was due to the fact that they always feel fear for losing their jobs. Just last year, my friends Tom, had an ulcer because he was too stressed out from he had a lowest grade from the assessment. This outcome or the lack thereof, is a clear indicator that working without stress is really important because not doing so cause too much stress.

All things considered with the reasons I mentioned above, I believe that I have sufficiently and adequately explained on my position regarding this topic.