Topic 2 : Children should play sports for fun; they should not play sports in competition or contest.

•  
  • 3157
  • 2
  • 1
It is evident that in our current society, Sports had tremendous importance in our lives. Some people think that Competition in sports is efficient and productive, while others do not. I however, believe that Children’s sports need fun because they are too young. There are several reasons that I could discuss to support my argument, so I will limit my discussion to the two that I feel are the most relevant to this topic. First, It is important for our relationships. Also, It can avoid getting stress.

First of all, the most important reason for my thinking this way is that Students cannot build relationship when they are in completion. Due to various changes in culture and individualism, it is becoming increasingly difficult to meet and build relationships with others. This would be magnified If they play sports with competition. A recent article I read on the Korea Herald revealed some interesting findings. According to the article, A surprising amount of Seocho elementary students claimed that they are lonely. They have the opportunity to make mere acquaintance but the relationships never reach the genuine friendships because the school was too competitive. Just last year, my uncle, Tome was able to only make few friends due to the students are only concentrated on studying for contest. In addition, they play a soccer game as a contest for getting university plan whey they want to attend. This example is a clear indicator that Students need to have fun with sports.

Also, another reason for my feeling this way is that Students received a substantial amount of stress. Elementary school students are stressed out because of the tremendous amount of workload which they have to cope with. If they don’t play sports for fun, they will not be able to enjoy their school life which may lead to health problem. a recent TV news I watched on MBC: the most famous television channel in Korea reported some interesting findings. According to the report, an amazing amount of Seoul elementary students claimed that they had stomach problems. I found it interesting because this report mentioned this was due to the fact that they are too stressed out. Just last month, my friend’s daughter, Jenny had an ulcer because she was too stressed out from severe competition. This example clearly shows that students have a right for fun with sports because not doing so cause too much stress.

All things considered with the reasons mentioned above, I believe that I have sufficiently and adequately explained on my position regarding this topic.