Final) Second reason for the rising price of cigarette

•  
  • 656
  • 0
  • 0
Also, another reason for my thinking this way is that raised the price of cigarette not only reduces the amount of smoking rate but also contribute to increase the health care budget. Rising tax is not easy work this is because the money is come from people’s pocket, gathered money will be placed to use for health and medical services tough. Since the reason, the rising price of cigarette is understandable way to increase health care budget. From several years ago, many countries have a similar problem on the system of welfare. The range of health care should be operated as universal or specific way. One of the most important decision making factor is health care budget. By increasing the tobacco’s price, the government’s health promotion fund would be able to be increased from its current level (US1.35billion) to 3.5 trillion won. This money has to be allocated in programs which help anti-smoking campaign such as smoking education as well as in other health promotion projects for low income people. For example, with the amount of budget, the government will be able to help a lot of low income people who bear serious diseases such as lung cancer, Ischemic heart disease which are mainly caused by smoking. It also could affect reducing smoking rates within a few years. According to the Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids’ report in 2012, when U.S. government raised price of cigarette from $3.5 to $5.75 during last 10 years, the cigarette sales sharply decreased from 21,000 (packs) to 14,500 (packs). And also the policy could have an effect on reducing youth smoking rate. As reported by same report, when the price of cigarette was increased from $3.5 to $5.75 during last ten years, the percentage of youth smoking prevalence was decreased from 30% to 17%. These two graph shows that the reason why the government should raise the price of cigarette.