A trip to Russia, Поездка в Россию

•  
  • 162
  • 1
  • 1
A trip to Russia, Поездка в Россию

I've been interested in Russia, because it is one of the important countries about space exploration and the first country sent a human to the orbit. And they have different culture from us Japanese, I wanted to go there for long years. By chance, I got an opportunity to visit St. Petersburg and Moscow.
At first I went to St. Petersburg. I visited Храм Спаса на Крови, Исаакиевский собор, Мариинский театр, and Эрмитаж Hermitage. Although they were impressive to me, the greatest experience was to visit a Дача. Дача is a kind of private second house located in country side. Many Russian spent their weekdays at the first houses in cities and weekend at the second houses in country side. I have a Russian friend living in Spain. Her parents are still living in St. Petersburg and I know them. They invited me to their дача. Their дача was located near a broader between Russia and Finland, it was surrounded by a huge forest near a big lake. The beautiful situation made me as if I were in a fairyland. They entertains with Russian foods and drinks. But the most exciting experience is a ваня, which is a Russian sauna. They had their own ваня lodge in their own premises.
I moved to Moscow by Красная стрела, which is a famous night express train connecting between St. Petersburg and Moscow. I visited Красная Площадь and Мемориальный музей космонавтики (Cosmonaut museum). Of course, I went to Moscow to visit the Cosmonaut museum. It is not difficult see rockets and space crafts developed by United states and/or Japan, but it is not easy to see Russian ones. I saw a lots of unique rockets, equipment and devices in it. So amazing! But the most surprising thing I saw there was a space suits used by Michael Collins. He is one of the flight crew of Apollo 11 and the only man who did not land on the moon. He is the most respectable astronaut for me. Because he did his job and gave the greatest honour to his colleges, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin. How cool! When I visited Huston space center, I saw his another suits and I was so excited. I saw again, in Russia!
Although it was short and busy trip, it was a substantial one.