Space shuttle and Concorde in Germany

•  
  • 269
  • 1
  • 1
Space shuttle and Concorde in Germany

I have a colleague who worked in Germany. He said "Do you know a space shuttle is exhibited in a museum in Germany?" I was surprized because all space shuttles should be in the United States. But I suddenly noticed that it might be possible, if it was a space shuttle which was not built by United States. The United States is not the only country which built space shuttles; the Soviet Union also built their own space shuttle. I though the Soviet's space shuttle might be in Germany. I asked him the name of the museum, Technik-Museum Speyer, and visited their website. Oh yes, they exhibit the Soviet's space shuttle, named Буран! He also said that there is another museum which exhibits two Concordes in the same place. I noticed the meaning just after finishing his words. One of them might not be Concorde, but Concordski. Concordski is a supersonic airplane which was made by the Soviet Union. The official name is TU-144 but is often called as Concordski because it looks like a Concorde. He said they were in Auto & Technik Musum Sinsheim. Their website showed them, Concord and Concordski! I was so exited and I cannot stop going there to see them. He arranged a travel to visit them for me. He aknew I love bathing in hot springs then the plan included visiting the two museum and two hot springs.
I'm living in London. Then they are not far from here. I flew to Frankfurt and went to Baden-Baden by train. Baden-Baden is one of the most famous town which has good hot spring. I stayed there at the first night and enjoy bathing. The next day, I went to Speyer by train to see Буран. I was so excited because I did not expect to have a chance to see it in my life! Although I stayed there whole day to see it, it was not enough for me. I stayed in Heidelberg at that night and went to Sinsheim to see two "Concordes" next day. They exhibit Concorde and Concordeski in tandem. It made us easy to compare them. What a nice way to show them! I could find not only similarities but also their differences of them. I stayed in Heidelberg again and went to Wiesbaden next day. Wiesbaden is also famous for its hot spring. I enjoyed bathing in German style. It was nice. I stayed in Cologne at the night and flew back to London.
I think it is better to they are exhibited in Germany because these (Space shuttle), Буран, Concorde and Concordeski were originated in Germany , not the US, the Soviet Union, the UK, or France.
I was lucky because it is not easy for me Japanese to see such rockets and aircrafts built by the Soviet Union. And I was surprized that Germany has such important things and the fact indicates that there is a good relationship between Germany and Russia.