Transportation in Moscow

•  
  • 187
  • 2
  • 2
Transportation in Moscow

We arrived at Ленингра́дский вокзал (Leningradsky railway station) in Moscow by sleeper train, Кра́сная стрела́ (Red Arrow), in early morning. It was raining and cold. We had to go to a hotel to leave our stuffs. We went to the basement of the station to get on a subway to a station near the hotel. However we realized it is not possible. It was morning rush hour; massive crows occupied all floors and corridors. The situation was much worse than one in Tokyo, Japan. It was obviously dangerous. We wait that the situation getting better for an hour, but it was not changed. We gave up to use subways to get the hotel. How should we do? We thought we should use a taxi instead. However, we don't have ideas how to get a safe taxi. Furthermore, I did not had Russian skills to negotiate the fare. We thought we should go to a big hotel to ask arranging a taxi for us. We saw Hilton Moscow behind the station. It might be better. We went there with our suitcases in cold rain.
I asked a member of the staff in Hilton to arrange a taxi for us, although we did not stay there. She was willing to do it for us. The fare was not cheap, but reasonable: and it was fixed fare until half an hour. It was easier for us to understand. We took a taxi to the hotel in which we stayed: it took about 20 min from Hilton. Thank a member of the staff in Hilton to arrange the taxi. I want to use Hilton in the future.