Three Days in Berlin (2)

•  
  • 278
  • 4
  • 4
Three Days in Berlin (2)

The second day morning, I went to Deutsches Technikmuseum Berlin. I had been two other museums about technology in Germany and I noticed that the qualities of the museums about technology in Germany were quite high. I must go there in Berlin as well.
As I had expected, the museum was so nice. Although I had just a half day to visit there, it was too short to enjoy it. I could looked around only half part of it. The most unique exhibition was a small airplane. It was Cessna 172, which is quite popular airplane and I often flew in one as a private pilot. Why did they exhibit such an ordinary airplane? The explanation of the exhibition surprised me; it was the airplane which landed the Red Square in the Soviet Union in 1987! It was very important airplane for the world history! I was lucky to see it.
After visiting there I met my friend who was working in Berlin. He took me to many sightseeing places: the Belin wall, the Brandenburg Gate, Museum Island, and Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. Then he took me to the Archenhold-observatory to visit a special event: we could see stars through a huge telescope. He had booked the event for us. It was located bit far from the central Berlin. We took a train and a bus to get there. When we departed from the central berlin, the weather was not good: clouds prevented us seeing stars. We thought we could not see stars. At the first half of the event, we viewed a planetarium show in a museum which was located next to the observatory. Although it was beautiful, I could understand only a part of the show because the museum attendant spoke in Germany. After the show, we moved to the observatory. Suddenly, clouds was partly disappeared and we could see some stars! We enjoyed amazing views of planets and galaxies through the huge telescope! After 30 minutes, clouds covered the sky again. We were so lucky to see stars thorough the brake in the clouds!