Japanese Space Expo 2014

•  
  • 497
  • 4
  • 2
Japanese Space Expo 2014

Japanese Space Expc 2014 was held in Makuhari, Chiba, Japan.
It showed a lot of exhibitions related to the space explorations, mainly made by the US and Japan.
Recently, such kind of Expo was not often held in Japan. It had been held for a few months. By chance I had a business trip to Japan during the period. I arranged my schedule to visit there. It was the last day of the exhibition and a national holiday when I visited. It was so busy especially around the entrance. It took a minutes to take a step. At the exhibition about the early histories of the space explorations, achievements of both Soviet Union and the United states were exhibited. I was happy because the achievements made by Soviet Union sometimes were neglected in Japan and the US. It is unfair. Both Soviet Union and the US had important roles. In addition, Germany had aloso important role. The exhibition mentioned them. It was good.
One of the main exhibition was the mock-up of the Kibo module (Japanese experiment module) of the International Space Station (ISS). I had to stand in a queue for an hour! It was big; it reminded me mock-up of MIR Russian space station, which I saw in Moscow.
The other main exhibition was the mock-up of American Space shuttle Atlantis, but I was not able to get in because it was too busy.
Although it was tough to visit due to too many visitors, it is good thing that many people are interested in the progress of space exploration.