Switzerland (6-1)

•  
  • 181
  • 4
  • 1
My 6th day in Switzerland, I would went from Grindelwald to Geneve via Interlaken and Montreux. I used famous train, named Golden Panoramic from Interlaken to Montreux. The train is famous for beautiful sights from its windows. I had a seat reservation and sat there. It was left window side seat. I enjoyed beautiful sights form the window. After one hour it departed, I found that the sight in opposite side was more beautiful than one which I saw in my side. The sight through right window commanded blue sky, green mountains, and red houses. Their combination was absolutely beautiful. On the other hand, the sights commanded few houses; I could see only blue sky and green mountains. Not bad. But right side was better. Why they were so different? I thought and found the cause. The train run from the East to the West. Then left side of the train faced Northern side of the slop of mountains because the train run through valleys. They did not have sufficient sunlight. It is not suitable for agriculture and making settlements. So it was natural that there were few houses. On the other hand, the window in opposite side faced southern slop of mountains. They could catch the sun. It is suitable for them. So it is natural that there were many few houses.