Visiting Switzerland (4-1) Jugoya(十五夜) with Matterhorn

•  
  • 263
  • 4
  • 1
I got up at 6:00 a.m. and went out the hotel to see the sky. Fortunately, the sky was clear. If my calculation were correct, the full moon (Jugoya, 十五夜) would be located in the West sky; near the Matterhorn. But I could not find it. I did not know why.... But I could not. Was my calculation incorrect? Did the mountains around Zermatt was too high and prevented me from seeing the moon? Anyway, I could not found it. I had to reboot my mind. There were two task that day; climb to the observatory by train in the morning and went to Grindelwald by the evening. I gave up to see the moon and went to the train station to go to the observatory. There were some observatories around Zermatt. Gornergrat observatory is the most famous one and my tour planed to go there. I got on the train to Gornergrat. Gornergrat is located on the top of the mountain and its altitude was 3,089 m above sea level. The train climbed the steep slope. I was enjoying the beautiful sight through the window of the train. I found something white round in just right of Matterhorn.
"What's that? ... Oh, that's moon!"
The moon was hidden by mountains! I saw the moon "Jugoya" just beside of Matterhorn! It was exactly the same composition that I intended previous day! I was be immersed in taking photos.