The Little Snail

•  
  • 183
  • 0
  • 0
I met a French guy not long ago, and all of a sudden, I felt like a French dinner.

We went to one of the oldest French restaurants in Sydney called "The Little Snail". A three course dinner costs a reasonable $66 per person there.

I ordered escargot for entrée, magret de canard for main and profiteroles for dessert. The dishes I ordered were traditionally French, I think. I always think there is no point going to a Western restaurant and ordering a steak. I'm always looking for something unique.

I can easily understand why the Chinese prefer Chinese food to Western food. I've worked as an interpreter for some Chinese tourist groups. We went to a small town called Cooma, and the Chinese tourists insisted on eating at the only Chinese restaurant in the town. Western food is an acquired taste that cannot easily be appreciated by Asians.

I haven't had a lot of exposure to French culture. I hear they are very arrogant, but my friend told me that they like people from East Asian countries and that their racism is more directed towards people from other parts of the world.Today's world is dominated by English speaking countries, which is a bit of a pity. At the risk of offending many English speaking Lang-8 users, I have to say French seems to be the superior culture and the language sounds so much better.