Latest Comments

Jul 13, 2014 22:21 pocky-kun made 1 corrections for A question about "most...
It's a long story how I got here but I thought I might explain the word "discombobulate" since no-one else did (although yo...
Jun 15, 2013 18:08 made 1 corrections for "photographs" or&...
This was checked with: http://www.gingersoftware.com/spellcheck There are sentence punctuation problems. . : ; ! ? , are directly a...
Jun 15, 2013 18:02 made 1 corrections for 語順について(a word order)
Jun 15, 2013 17:27 made 1 corrections for Does"thrilled" ha...
Oct 28, 2010 16:33 mint commented on What topics are good for an...
Hi chunicone, Thanks for your corrections and advice. >it sounds a bit redundant →I see. Hi Dru solis, Thanks for correcting my ...
Oct 28, 2010 16:07 Jeshi commented on What topics are good for an...
Haha! I am often asked questions like this too. (Do you eat sushi? Can you eat sashimi? Do you eat sashimi in Australia? How about natto?...
Oct 27, 2010 12:02 wsmoore made 6 corrections for What topics are good for an...
Very interesting blog post! It probably sounds like a very familiar story to any foreigner living in Japan. The issue arises in t...
Oct 27, 2010 11:44 Dru Solis made 12 corrections for What topics are good for an...
You're doing really well with English. I didn't have a hard time following your entry at all. Keep up the excellent work. -Dru
Oct 27, 2010 11:25 恒彦 made 3 corrections for What topics are good for an...
1.) I think it is strange to talk to someone you don't know about something other than the situation at that moment. You can get to k...
Apr 25, 2010 05:36 mint commented on A short quiz to test your b...
Hi Off shore Breeze, Thanks for your corrections! By the way, I've heard of the expresstion"give ...a shot",but have neve...
Apr 24, 2010 14:23 Offshore Breeze made 4 corrections for A short quiz to test your b...
Excellent job as usual mint. You make me jealous ;) As for the quiz, I didn't even try. I might give it a shot tomorrow when I am no...
Apr 23, 2010 13:45 mint commented on A short quiz to test your b...
Hi S-in-Japan, Thanks for your corrections!
Apr 17, 2010 17:21 mint commented on New expression I learned
Hi shig, Thanks for your corrections and ideas! >it's common→I see. Hi Jacob, Thanks for your detailed explanations! >Th...
Apr 17, 2010 10:34 Jacob commented on New expression I learned
Okay, I did some research and this is what I found out. It is an idiom phrase that has changed over the years. First you have to realize...
Apr 17, 2010 10:22 shig made 4 corrections for New expression I learned
I don't use this phrase often, but it's common. The origin is probably when someone is walking on a long journey, and they are u...
Apr 17, 2010 09:54 mint commented on A senior moment?
Hi melinchki, Thanks for your corrections! I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one to do such things^^;)
Apr 17, 2010 09:47 melinchki made 7 corrections for A senior moment?
Your English is so good~ :D I don't think it's a big deal to forget things like this, because it even happens to me sometimes an...
Apr 16, 2010 13:20 mint commented on A senior moment?
Hi Kirie 9837, Thanks for your corrections! You also did?
Apr 16, 2010 10:34 kirie9837 made 6 corrections for A senior moment?
Your English is amazing! Also, that happened to me two weeks ago, and I'm 18. I don't think you have to worry about it :)
Apr 14, 2010 11:42 mint commented on New expressions I learned
Hi all, Thank you for your corrections and advice! >ichirei, * "toy with" usually means to "mess with" →I see. ...
Apr 14, 2010 10:59 maeniwyn made 3 corrections for New expressions I learned
1. Yes, when you use "well" in this sentence, it means "considerably". 2. This is a good sentence and you've us...
Apr 14, 2010 10:52 ichirei made 8 corrections for New expressions I learned
To "toy with" usually means to "mess with" in regards to an object. The context you use it in (with the object being ...
Apr 12, 2010 19:01 mint commented on Children's book
Hi melinchki, Thanks for your corrections. I like his works too!
Apr 12, 2010 16:05 melinchki made 5 corrections for Children's book
I love the story "The Happy Prince"! The author, Oscar Wilde, is my favorite~ Thanks for this link :) your English is good ^^
Apr 12, 2010 09:20 mint commented on Cherry blossom viewing
Hi poppinyouall and Thomas, Thanks for your corrections. Sorry, I'm afraid I need to explain what "桜前線(sakura zensen)" me...
Apr 12, 2010 08:42 Thomas made 4 corrections for Cherry blossom viewing
^^. Hope this helps. I understood all but the last sentence.
Apr 12, 2010 08:34 poppinyouall made 4 corrections for Cherry blossom viewing
Well done :)
Apr 11, 2010 12:29 mint commented on Starting from the street
Hi Offshore Breeze, Thank you for your detailed corrections. "Writing more natural sentences in English" is what I really wan...
Apr 11, 2010 08:42 Offshore Breeze made 9 corrections for Starting from the street
Your English is so good mint! You should be proud! ;) Most of the corrections I made were more or less just to make it sound more natural...
Apr 10, 2010 17:22 mint commented on Starting from the street
Hi Thomas S, Thanks for your corrections. Oh, you love street musicians? I sometimes take the time to listen to songs too.
Apr 10, 2010 11:55 Thomas S. made 9 corrections for Starting from the street
Great, mint! You're English is always so good. I hope my Japanese will be as good sometime soon! :) I love street musicians. When ...
Apr 9, 2010 20:46 mint commented on Beautiful nature?
Hi again Saburoku, Thanks! Hi Vermilion, Thanks for sharing your ideas. You think No.2 is correct? I see.
Apr 9, 2010 10:13 Vermilion commented on Beautiful nature?
I think #2 is correct. Nature includes everything, so it does not make sense to specify which nature. And #1 isn't correct grammatica...
Apr 9, 2010 10:10 commented on Beautiful nature?
To answer your question, yes ^^ I chose the singular. It may sound ungrammatical and a bit weird but its really just a saying like "...
Apr 9, 2010 08:51 mint commented on Beautiful nature?
Hi Saburoku, Thanks for your corrections and sharing your ideas. You choose No.2? I see. That means you take "Beautiful nature&quo...
Apr 9, 2010 08:17 Offshore Breeze made 10 corrections for Beautiful nature?
I would use sentence No. 1 and take my example sentence. "It seems beautiful places in nature inspire you to speak like a poet."...
Apr 9, 2010 07:47 made 2 corrections for Beautiful nature?
I would chose #2...Your English is very good by the way! :D Just a few little spelling errors...
Apr 9, 2010 05:47 mint commented on The expression of ”田舎."
Hi Kayara, Thanks for your corrections and ideas. >"my house is in the middle of nowhere"→You say and it has a negative fe...
Apr 8, 2010 23:30 Kyara made 2 corrections for The expression of ”田舎."
Yes, I do say "my house is in the middle of nowhere." Of course, it has a little bit of a negative feel to it. All of your sent...
Apr 8, 2010 13:11 mint commented on Facebook
Hi all, Thanks for your corrections and sharing your ideas. >dkharger, Thanks for your compliment^^) It can be as anonymous or as...
Apr 8, 2010 10:37 Nomiyami34 commented on Facebook
I don't have a facebook, but I will eventually get one. But I don't want to use my real name. I have a twitter account, but I'...
Apr 8, 2010 02:51 Eve made 6 corrections for How can I express"~の反対側”?
Haha, yes. The Japanese and their cherry blossoms. I've never encountered another culture with such a powerful national symbol.
Apr 8, 2010 02:44 Eve made 4 corrections for Facebook
I think Facebook is a good thing to have. It's good for keeping in touch with people you don't get to see often, and for networki...
Apr 8, 2010 00:03 dkharger made 1 corrections for Facebook
Wow, your English is very fluid and native-like! I hope to get there one day with my Japanese! I'm on Facebook and Twitter. Howeve...
Apr 5, 2010 10:26 mint commented on How can I express"~の反対側”?
Hi Vermilion, Thank you for sharing your ideas and advice. Whenever I write sentences in English, I'm confused what preposition I s...
Apr 5, 2010 09:45 rsm made 1 corrections for How can I express"~の反対側”?
> Come to think of it, I'm really a Japanese! ... This doesn't sound too bad. More natural would be "Come to think of i...
Apr 5, 2010 09:12 Vermilion commented on How can I express"~の反対側”?
I'm Japanese. Some people don't like to be corrected their English by Japanese, so I should suggest my thinking to them. Well, ...
Apr 4, 2010 17:54 mint commented on A question about the differ...
Hi rsm, Wow! 本当にお久しぶりですね! Thanks for a lot of example sentences. > "try to ~" is about doing ~ or not doing ~; could ~ o...
Apr 4, 2010 03:04 rsm commented on A question about the differ...
Hi Mint, お久しぶりです。 In general, "try to ~" is about doing ~ or not doing ~; could ~ or couldn't ~. and "try ~ing...
Apr 2, 2010 16:12 mint commented on What is the difference betw...
Hi all, Thank you for sharing your ideas! 'Congratulations on' is much more common. I got it. It hepls a lot^^)