Do you know what" ig Nobel Prize" is?

•  
  • 435
  • 1
  • 1
The Nobel Foundation announced this year's Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine on 5th of this month.
Speaking of the Nobel Prize, do you know about another"Nobel Prize", "ig Nobel"? This prizes are awarded in 10 categories, and are given annually by the Annals of Improbable Research as humorous version of the real Nobel Prises. All the winners get some sort of official acknowledgement but are likely to get any.
Here are a few excerpts of the past winners:
・ Scientists in Stockholm who showed that chickens prefer beautiful humans to Plain Janes or Average Joes.
( Isn't it interesting research? It sounds ridiculous but researchers are serious!)
・A Swiss-Japanese- Czech team that noted the effects of chewing-gum flavor on brain waves. ( Actually, I often hear the effects of chewing-gum!)

Actually, Mr.Inoue, the inventor of Karaoke was awarded this ig Nobel peace prize for inventing Karaoke. Improbable Research praised him for "providing an entirely new way for people to learn to tolerate each other. The reason for his award is really cynical and humorous, isn't it?