A movie"Milk"

•  
  • 71
  • 3
  • 2
Yesterday I watched two movies at the theater"Milk" and"Rachel Getting Married" because every Thursday women can enjoy movies at a reasonable price,100yen at my area; usually it costs 1800 yen.
Both of them were great.
"Milk " is about the story of the of Harvey Milk, a gay activist and a politician; he fight not only for the right of gay people but also for the minority. He started his career as a politician in California in 1970's, and was killed 8 year's later. Actually I didn't know about him, but I can imagine how difficult to be out from the closet those days , and 30 years later situations have become good a little bit, but there are still some kind of discrimination, I think.

This film won Oscar's best Actor Award and Best Original Screenplay this year.
Sean Penn's performance was a bit different from ones of his former films, but was very vivid and active.
His speech was very thoughtful and touching.
Furthermore, Lance,screenplay writer, did really wonderful and touching speech; he mentioned his sexual orientation and gay right.
Sean Penn answered the interview:
Q: What drew you to make you want to be part of this movie?
A:I think that all of us here , and any actor with a hunger to participate in something fantastic wants to work with Gas...when he gave me Lance's sensational script, and so it seemed like a no-brainer to wanna do it.

Actually as long as 'Gay rights' are put on the table, it sounds like an issue.

Thanks for in advance for your corrections and ideas.
Img_hn_pc_bn300-3484a621094d33784ab18d6efd7f193a