TOEFL Integrated writing task

•  
  • 172
  • 4
  • 2
TOEFL Integrated writing task

12/27/2011

The primary position that is taken in the reading passage is that the animal tests are important to make new drugs.
On the other hand, in the lecture, the professor argues that animal tests are not needed for producing new drugs.

First, in the reading passage, the author states that animals, in particular mammals, have a lot of similarities to humans.
However, in the lecture, it is argued that there are many differences between human being and mammals, such as the size,
This is a direct contradiction to what is indicated in the reading passage.

It is also mentioned in the reading passage that no other methods are as enough as reliable to animal tests.
Yet, in the lecture, the professor takes the position that, in these days, new materials for drug test are produced.
This is important point that was not considered by the author of the reading passage.

In addition, in the reading passage, the author argues that animal testing are used mostly for monitor the effects of new drugs to deadly illness like cancer. So it is essential for human being.
On the contrary, in the lecture, the professor claims that biggest aims for doing animal testing for drugs for human's beauty.
This is another example how the professor and the author of the reading passage contradict one another.

In conclusion, the arguments put forth by the professor in the lecture make the claims of the author of the reading passage more doubtful.
Img_hn_pc_bn300-3484a621094d33784ab18d6efd7f193a