My Job Interview

•  
  • 218
  • 3
  • 1
Note: Please tell me if anything doesn't sound natural or make sense in spite of it being grammatically correct.

Monday, March 12, 2012. It is twenty to six (5:40)

I got up very early today because I had to do a lot of things. I was kind of eager because my job interview was at 8:00 am. So I woke up at about 6 am in order to prepare myself. I took a shower with cold water, I brushed my teeth and then I put on the outfit. Next I went to the kitchen to have a brief breakfast. I poured myself a cup of black coffee, I took a piece of bread and a jar of jam from the refrigerator and I served myself the bread and jam in a large plate. While I was eating my alarm went off, it was time to go out. I ran rapidly to my bedroom where I had forgotten to pick up my resume. I left home early. Then I headed to the city center and took the next bus. When I arrived at the company's building I realized that I hadn't brought a pen to take notes.

I waited for the interviewer for 15 minutes. I was becoming more and more nervous. I entered the office and the interviewer smiled. He began to ask me about my background and I answered by telling him about my education and then about my work experience. But I wanted to work another topic into the conversation, in order to make it more like a conversation than an interrogation, but I couldn't. So he continued asking me more and more details. The interview was going quite well until he asked me that what did I want to do. I paused but I couldn't think of an answer on the spot. So he realized that I didn't know the answer. After that I couldn't speak naturally, I stuttered and tembled. Then he began to speak about the vacantion, the things that the candidate was supposed to do and the salary. Next I asked him some questions that I had. But I still stuttered. When I got out of the office I felt angry at myself because I didn't do a goob job. I got home very sad.