Help Me! :O

•  
  • 504
  • 21
  • 1
Jul 8, 2011 13:39 countries languages
Sorry everyone that I haven't written anything for a while. I am so busy trying to get things working for the Air Force. I have a problem though. I have to decide which language to focus on! In the beginning I have to choose just ONE language.I might be given a language out of the three I speak well. So would you give me your thoughts and opinions?

I know you all come from such different backgrounds and you are all so diverse. It's a difficult decision but here are the facts:

My Japanese is much much better than my Korean or Chinese. But Japanese is not popular with American business. Also, Japan is really expensive.

My Korean is weak. I can read Hangul easily but my vocabulary is small. The good thing is that the grammar is a lot like Japanese so it isn't too hard. I love South Korea and it has the best American Air Force Base. I heard that even if I know Japanese or Chinese I might be put in Korea. So I would be at an advantage knowing Korean. Korean is semi popular with American business.

My Chinese is OK. It's not as good as my Japanese but it's not as bad as my Korean. The base is in mainland China and I'm not sure I know a whole lot about it. I'm a bit nervous about it actually. Chinese is very very big right now in America. It's the most important language in business.

I prefer Chinese and Korean over Japanese, because it's more natural to me but it's more about the people and experiences. It's a really important decision and later on I can add the other two languages. I just don't know what would be the best country for a foreigner. :(

If you have any advice I'd love to hear it!
Thank you!