My first diary entry in English

•  
  • 1672
  • 1
  • 1
It's been a long time since I've done something to improve my English.
I used to be quite good at school, but through the years, I talked English to many foreigners, so I think I adopted some typical mistakes from the different foreigners. This is why I actually want to write English entries fromtime to time. I hope you guys can help me out, and point out my mistakes.
Right now I don't really know what I should write about, but I got myself my first gas grill today. We have a big house with a huge garden, so I'm planning to have my friends over for dinner and have a big feast with German sausages, several kinds of Italian, French and German bread, steaks, hamburgers and lots of different sauces.
After that I'd like to have some German beer or vodka, but that really depends on the weather, as vodka tastes better when it's cold and beer matches summerly weather more.
Plus, I don't want my friens to be all drunk, that would be because they still have to get home and I don't want a bunch of people sleeping at my place, since there's not enough room.
Actually I wonder what American barbecue is like and if there's differences from region to region. For instance, a friend told me Southern food was very greasy and heavy.
Waiting for your correction, guys.

Sebastian