Gay Marriages and Cultures同性婚と文化

• 1177
  • 11
  • 2
I heard news about the President Obama supported gay marriage, and I think that he is brave, even if he is aware of the election.

"Obama says gay marriage stance ‘the right thing to do,’ courts women, gay, young voters in NYC" Washington Post By Associated Press, Published: May 15 (

I wrote about an entry about the gay society in Japan.

"Everyday Life in Shinjuku 2-chome: Gay People Aren't Special at All" (

Of course there is discrimination against gay people and some people hate them, but generally speaking Japanese society is relatively tolerant of gay people, because our religion have never prohibited homosexuality and Japan have a long tradition of it, which is called "衆道 shudo".

In the U.S., the problem about gay marriage is deeply related to Christianity and it's always quite dangerous to state about the problems about religion, because some people are intolerant.

I think that PACS in French is a quite wise solution against this problem.

"Civil solidarity pact" Wikipedia (

PACS has secularized marriage. A gay couple can get right almost equivalent to marriage, and they don't conflict with religious principle of Christianity.

I don't know the reason, but in Japan most people and politicians have no attention to the problem about gay marriage. As I wrote, Japan has the long tradition of homosexuality, but it has been completely out of marriage. They couldn't even imagine a marriage between same sex partners.

I heard that some gay couple in Japan became a father and a son in low because they wanted to ensure the succession of property to each other. If they live in French, they must use PACS.

But even PACS doesn't allow any consanguineous marriage, bigamous marriage and plural marriage. If they are spontaneous, I can't understand what is the problem.

I support gay marriage, consanguineous marriage, bigamous marriage and plural marriage!