Writing for English Test Ⅳ

•  
  • 146
  • 2
  • 1
Here again. This is from text book... I'm really sorry, but please correct my entry...

[The topic]
Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

[My answer]

Nowadays, some sports professionals can earn too large amount of money unnecessarily I think. Even though the sports professionals are still teenager, the rewards for their games are too much beyond the amount that normal people can earn through their entire lives. But I agree that these people can get such amount of money if the amount were halved.

First, why do these kind of people can earn such amounts of money? I think the amounts of rewards would distort their purpose of playing sports. I know one pro golf player whose father resigned his job for managing a office for his son. It’s obvious that his father can earn much money than working as normal business man. In his father’s case, I can’t help myself think he resigned his job not for his son but for money. The games that competitive sports professional play are very good advertisement for the companies that financially supports the tournaments. That’s the reason why they can earn too much money, but it’s means many people watch these games. Actually, I don’t have any other idea for entertaining people more than watching sports. The lose of a national team sometimes trigger a big deal of mob and depression over the country. Nowadays, sports can take place of national identity and the results of games affect the citizen’s mind.

In conclusion, I agree that the professional sports players can earn large amount of money, but still I think the amount they can get is too much and it’s possible to distort their purpose for playing sports. These pro sports players should always remember lots of their fans enjoy their games and so these sports player can get such amount of money.

After finishing to write this, I realized I didn't discussed both view.....