- When I came back home at night, he told me that my curry got a good reputation from his friends.
- When I came back/returned home that night, he told me that my curry went over well with his friends. or ...was a big success with his friends. ...his friends raved about my curry. ...my curry got big complements from his friends.
- "got a good reputation" is awkward here because a reputation is not something that is given or received, like an action, by a person or thing. It is a characteristic about something that becomes known or admired among certain people. If you want to use the word "reputation" you would have to say something like "now, my curry has a great reputation among his friends" or "now, I have a reputation for my awesome curry among his friends". This is not so simple to explain.
Dec 8, 2014 20:40 My Son's Favorite
- His most favorite meal is my curry.
- My curry is his favorite dish/food.
- "Dish" or "food" usually refers to a specific item or type of food, like curry. "Meal" usually encompasses a whole assortment of food - main dish, side dishes, dessert, drink at one sitting. Also, people tend to think of a "meal" as breakfast, lunch or dinner. If you ask someone "what's your favorite meal?", they may reply "breakfast", "lunch" or "dinner." We are always taught that "breakfast is the most important meal of the day". If you ask "what's your favorite food?", then they will reply with something more specific like Japanese food, hamburgers, or curry. Now that I think about it, curry rice could be considered a meal in itself because it's often the only thing eaten during a meal.
Dec 8, 2014 20:38 My Son's Favorite
- I searched for the title with some words such as “Football”, “Leukemia” online and finally found it in YouTube.
- I searched for the title with some words such as “Football”, “Leukemia” online and finally found it in on YouTube.
- For some reason, "on" sounds more natural when talking about websites. e.g. "I searched for it on google" , "I found it on this website" , etc.
Nov 11, 2014 21:33 Something for Joye