- It says that only 14% of Japanese men between 20 years old and 24 years old, which is half figure of women in the same ages.
- It says that only 14% of Japanese men between the ages of 20 and 24, which is half the amount of women in the same ages.
- I think you are trying to say that "only 14% of Japanese men between the ages of 20 and 24 travel abroad".
Dec 23, 2014 20:55 Wandering Journey
- The shop clerk said to my wife it happened a lot because of the busy Christmas season.
- The shop clerk said to told my wife that it happens a lot because of the busy Christmas season.
- "happened" is not necessarily incorrect. Using the past tense implies that it has occurred in the past. Using "happens" implies that this occurs generally or often due to the season.
Dec 12, 2014 11:38 Rite Aid
- I ordered a drug store chain, Rite Aid to print our family Christmas cards online three days ago.
- I placed an ordered with a drug store chain, Rite Aid, to print our family Christmas cards online three days ago.
- (1) To order someone to do sthg VS. (2) To place an order / To order + noun (1) You would only use this in a restaurant/commercial setting if you were upset with the service and wanted to express anger (see the second example). EX. I ordered my son to clean his room. EX. I ordered the waitress to get her manager because I was unhappy with my food. (2) EX. I placed an order yesterday for a shipment of pens. EX. I ordered pens yesterday (from the store)
Dec 12, 2014 11:33 Rite Aid