- Yesterday, my twam had a farewell party for our director who left our company yesterday.
- Yesterday, my team had a farewell party for our director who is leaving our company.
- Even though the director left yesterday, in English we say "is leaving" if the event is very recent.
Aug 10, 2014 23:03 Farewell Party
- The flat position of the seat was very comfortable to sleep.
- The flat position of the seat was very comfortable to sleep in.
- This sentence reads a little strange. A nice way to word this sentence might be 'Putting the seat in a flat position made it very comfortable to sleep in'
Jul 5, 2014 20:59 Business Class of ANA
- We arrived at the stadium about two hours before the game because of no traffic on the way.
- We arrived at the stadium about two hours before the game because there was no traffic on the way.
- Your sentence makes sense, but it's not really how it would be said on conversation. You'd say 'because there was no traffic' or 'because there was so little traffic'.
May 13, 2014 20:15 LA Dodgers vs SF Giants
- The staff didn’t know how to handle the problem, then she consulted with his supervisor, and then the supervisor, who couldn’t solve the problem, asked her boss.
- The staff on-duty didn’t know how to handle the problem, so she consulted with his supervisor, but the supervisor, who couldn’t also solve the problem, eventually asked her boss.
Apr 16, 2014 19:12 Proffesional Manner
- I will visit a new customer company, which chose our company to arrange their tour in November through the competitive bid process, with my subordinates.
- My subordinates and I will visit a new client company, which, through a competitive bid process, chose our company to arrange their tour in November.
Mar 31, 2014 20:25 Acknowledgment