How To Propose Marriage in Japanプロポーズ大作戦

•  
  • 8803
  • 2
  • 2
The word “ I love you” came from western conutries and it means "aishiteru(愛している)" in Japanese but this phrase isn't commonly used by the Japanese people. Rather it has a very very deep meaning. People aren't very familiar with it so thay prefer to use "daisuki(大好き)", which means “I like you so much”. As they say, Japanese guys are not good at showing affection to girls and they can't convey their true feelings. They only show affection by acting something instead of saying "I love you." For example, guys carry the girls’s bag for them, treat them for a dinner, drive them to some nice place, things like those. As the saying goes, "Action speaks louder than words".

For those men who want to go further in their relationship with their girlfriends, they start thinking of settling down. In this case, a proposal is indeed necessary before the actual marriage. But even proposals can get a little tricky. In Japan, males are not used to conveying their feelings through words and prefer to do their proposals in a more indirect manner. One example of an indirect proposal is when a guy says he wants his girlfriend to make meals for him everyday, which is somehow, misinterpreted by some girls and they just don't find it romantic at all. But there are other proposals that are eventhough indirect, still romantic in a sense. One good example is when a guy shows his girlfriend a photo of wedding dress and says “will you wear the dress for me?”. Japanese guys don’t want to be hurt in front of girls and try to avoid any risk that the girl rejects it. That’s why they always cautiously choose ambiguous words. They make Japanese language more ambiguous but meaningful.

John Lennon dedicated a lot of love songs to Yoko. However, his marriage proposal was not revealed. I’m curious. When did he pop the question to Yoko?

John Lennon met his future wife, Yoko Ono, when he went to a preview of one of her art shows in London in november, 1966. They became good friends, and in 1967 he sponsored one of her art shows in London.The two grew closer together, and they moved in together in the summer of 1968. In November of that year Yoko miscarried a male child they named John Ono Lennon II. Also in that November, they released an album called “Two Virgines”, and it was terribly shocking to a lot of people. The cover had a photo of John and Yoko wearing no clothes. A few weeks after John's divorce from Cynthia was granted. And in February of 1969, Yoko divorced Anthony Cox. In March of 1969, John and Yoko finally got married.

Wise men say, only fools rush in, but John can’t help falling in love with Yoko.

ONLY YOU - JOHN LENNON