TOEFL Writing: Some people think that the automobile has improved modern life. Others think that the automobile has caused serious problems. What is your opinion?

•  
  • 1571
  • 0
  • 0
Automobile has played a big role in our modern society development since when it's invented. Although in recent days, more and more people are concerning about traffic and air pollution problems produced by automobile, automobile's positive impact on moder life is far more than it's negative impact.

When referring a remote travel, most people can imagine how difficult it would be if took on foot without automobile. If you have automobile, you can not only go far places if only your fuel is enough, but also take a comfortable and convenient trip. For instance, most automobiles have good performance, air conditioner, audio system, GPS navigation, big goods storage box, and luxurious inner decoration.

Otherwise, automobile industry created many jobs and economic profits for our society. From marketing, design to manufacture and post-sale service, the direct and indirect related industries provide millions of jobs for employment markets every year. If abolishing these industries for automobile problems, it can not be imagined to give an alternative solution to provide the same number of jobs.

To be honest, some concerns about automobile problems, such as traffic jam, air pollution are becoming more and more common, there are already emerged some new techniques for solving these problems, such new techniques like hybrid power engine, battery driven car, smart traffic control system etc. I predict that these problems would be solved in next two or three decades, automobile would still play a big role in our modern lives.