TOEFL Writing: In general, people are living longer now. Discuss the causes of this phenomenon.

•  
  • 3022
  • 1
  • 1
People are living more and more longer than before. There are three causes that can explain this phenomenon.

First of all, the living standard level becomes higher than before. The living standard includes inhabiting conditions, the quality and safety of food, the dressing clothes, and traffic tools. For example, modern house has air condition, wet drying, warming system etc. These facilities can give people a comfortable living standard which never existed before.

Secondly, modern medicine and medical treatment contribute the long living of people. As you know, many antibiotic medicine, like Amoxicillin, have developed and saved many people's life. Also, the medical treatment, such as many kind of surgery, can not be done or imagined before.

Finally, the consciousness of sustaining healthy is becoming more and more popular. As you can see from TV or internet, there are many advertisement of healthy lecture, food cooking shows etc. In some extent, the convenience of exchanging each others' ideas of how to keep healthy by every kind of medias play a big role in improving people's healthy consciousness.