Japanese People and Cartoons

•  
  • 1351
  • 1
  • 2
I started to watch a Japanese cartoon in English every day. However, when I watch it, I always feel awkward because all characters speak English! This is my first time to watch Japanese cartoons in English. I guess when foreigners watch their well known characters spoken Japanese, they also would feel strange.

In Japan watching cartoons is very common to people. We grow up with watching cartoons. When I was a kid, I was a big fan of Osamu Tezuka. I think he had given big influence to our animations. Although we have a world known directer, Hayao Miyazaki, he is one of them who have been influenced by Osamu Tezuka as well.

When I was younger, there are an amount of good cartoons. All of them are full of love, dream and peace, and they taught us something because they had deep meaning. However, I think our cartoons had changed. People have preferred fighting stories rather than the stories that are full of love, dream and peace.
I think after nintendo game showed up, our cartoons have changed.

Some Japanese people have been worried about our violent cartoons. They have been warning what will happen them after Japanese children grow up with violent cartoons. They might become crueler people, and they wouldn't be care to commit murder. Some of them wouldn't become able to distinguish what is real and what isn't real. Recently there are very cruel issues have occurred. And in some causes criminals are a big fun of violent movies, animations or games. I think animations have influenced to our mind indeed.