A Book Review of The Miniaturist

•  
  • 179
  • 0
  • 2
A Book Review of The Miniaturist

This book is my fifth book in English this year, and I think this book is one of the best I have read in English. I really really enjoyed the book.

I am reading books in English to improve my reading skills, and of course, I sometimes can't understand the details in English. Even so, this book made me forget which language I was reading. I could focus on reading and I am glad that I could find this book.

While reading, I looked into people's lives in the Medieval era because I was fascinated to know, especially taboos in the period. Everything was controlled by religion. Women were looked down. I thought about the protagonist, Nella. She had no choice to accept her destiny as like God leaded her to the way.

When she got married the merchant, she seemed to be a bit immature, but at the end of the book, I realized that she grew up as a great mistress. The tough situation made her more mature as a human. I am sure even though she lost her husband, she will survive in the cruel society. She is brave and smart enough.

I don't figure out who was the miniaturist, and what meaning she has in the book. So, I want to read the Japanese translation version of this book to understand clear.