The threat of nuclear weapons maintains world peace.

•  
  • 275
  • 0
  • 0
Mar 10, 2017 00:21 ielts
The threat of nuclear weapons maintains world peace. Nuclear power provides cheap and clean energy.
The benefits of nuclear technology far outweigh the disadvantages.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

The fear of nuclear weapons deployed against each other unifies major countries in peace and the use of nuclear energy gives people affordable and safe energy. I completely agree, that the positive outcomes of nuclear technologies, such as the absence of World War 3 and its capability to replace limited fossil fuels on the big scale, exceeds its negative aspects.
The world lives in peace now, even with a lot of misunderstandings between all major countries. All of them have ballistic nuclear warheads, which can in minutes or hours reach the enemy’s territory. They seem very deadly, especially in the hands of mere people, who tend to make mistakes, being influenced by emotions instead of logic and common sense. However, the fear of total annihilation of each other unifies politicians and military generals to be very careful with each other and use rather arguments and other smart means in order to solve problems. That is why WWIII seems almost impossible nowadays.
The ability to be the unique replacement of limited fossil fuels, like coal, oil and wood for creating energy, have made nuclear plants very attractive to construct. Cheap electrical energy, low long-run cost of operation and world-wide spread of technologies to construct incredibly safe nuclear plants have been the main advantages of that path. Many countries, which do not have a lot of natural resources rely on nuclear solutions and technologies. For example, Japan, with its absence of any metals, coal or other mineral resources, has succeeded to build a lot of nuclear power-plants, which provide energy for the whole 140 million population and help it to be the third largest economy in the world.
To conclude, I strongly agree that nuclear technology serves as a huge benefactor to the whole world, giving it clean cheap energy and peace instead of war.