Caught A Cold! 風邪ひいた!

•  
  • 173
  • 2
  • 2
Hello^^ Last week, I went to see fireworks taken place by the Sumida river. The fireworks were huge and thrilled me XD If you come to Japan in summer, don't miss it. Anyway, I caught a cold two days ago, and had a slight fever. But I've got over it now! Yay!

1. He is preoccupied with money, and never fails to change a job if he finds one that will pay more.
彼(かれ)はお金に執着(しゅうちゃく)しており、給料(きゅうりょう)がもっとよさそうな仕事(しごと)を見つけると必ず転職(てんしょく)する。

2. He joined an army to keep his large family at the price of spending time with them, and was sent to war. But he got home safe and sound.
彼は大家族(だいかぞく)を養う(やしなう)ために、家族(かぞく)と一緒(いっしょ)に時間(じかん)を過(す)ごすことを犠牲(ぎせい)にして軍隊(ぐんたい)に入って、戦争(せんそう)に送られた(おくられた)。しかし無事(ぶじ)に帰って(かえって)きた。

3. We were told to manage to make up for the huge losses, it seems that we'll finally make it soon. Our long efforts are about to pay off.
私たちは、その巨大(きょだい)な損失(そんしつ)をなんとか埋め合わせる(うめあわせる)ようにと言われたが、ようやくもうすぐ成功しそうだ。長い(ながい)努力(どりょく)が報われ(むくわれ)る。

4. He is in charge of this plant and is supposed to notify the head office of any information including whether the machines are under control.
彼はこの工場(こうじょう)の責任者(せきにんしゃ)であり、機械(きかい)がちゃんと動いているかどうかを含めて(ふくめて)すべての情報(じょうほう)を本社(ほんしゃ)に知(し)らせることになっている。

5. I owe my mother to what I am today because she has been making efforts to make a living by herself. In return for that, I'll do something for her without fail while she's alive.
お母さんは一人(ひとり)で生計(せいけい)を立(た)てようと努力(どりょく)してきてくれたから
、今の私があるのはお母さん(おかあさん)のおかげだ。

If you have some expressions you're not sure about, feel free to comment to ask me^^ I'm willing to let you know in detail in return for your correction.
Big_en2-f94e3223819fd32ef746d2bb993ffe3d