I despise myself for trying to avoid difficulties.

•  
  • 66
  • 0
  • 1

After finishing the last project, I started working on a new one which very little progress has been made. It's been 4 days since I started the new project and I am feeling frustrated.

Sometimes, I wish I didn't have to do this. Writing has always been a challenge especially when it requires researching and organizing information. I am terrible at doing that partially because I am easy to get distracted on the internet.

I got up this morning and it was already 8:40! For the last two hours, I was working on the same new project. Even though I didn't finish much, I stuck to it. The fact I worked through the problem has given me tremendous satisfaction.

I am not the most self-disciplined person in the world. As a matter of fact, I am pretty lazy and unmotivated most of the time. However, I am very proud of what I have achieved so far with the flaws I have.

This daily writing practice is something I wanted to start two years ago. But I was never motivated to sit down and write. There were times I would simply stare at the an empty screen for an hour and nothing was written down. That's how I gave up every single time I decided to start this practice.

Through the experience of writing everyday on Lang-8, I discovered that the feedback from people are very helpful to keep me motivated. Each morning, the first I do is to check my email box to see if somebody has corrected my post. I am very grateful for all the help I received from this platform. Because of the help, I have been able to write continuously for the last 7 days.