Latest Comments

Apr 29, 2013 06:15 made 1 corrections for The Fanz Anton Beckernbauer...
Sep 23, 2012 18:57 made 4 corrections for A Gaffer
He is correct. The word "gaffer" is an informal word meaning "boss", "manager" or "coach". Which ...
Sep 9, 2012 04:59 Jonadab made 15 corrections for What I Thought When a Print...
> If we don’t buy a new product, it doesn’t > revitalize business activities. > I don’t agree with this. No, that's wh...
Sep 8, 2012 23:53 iebpk made 13 corrections for What I Thought When a Print...
I totally agree with you. There has to be a way to be sustainable and profitable at the same time.
Sep 5, 2012 03:29 iebpk commented on One of the Things What I Th...
I know. English-speakers are often times arrogant without realizing it themselves. Many people from US, UK usually never want to learn ot...
Sep 5, 2012 03:05 iebpk commented on Lao tzu
老子 sounds like ラオズ in Mandarin and Taiwanese. In Cantonese, I think it's like ロウジ. 孔子 sounds like コンズ. I know the Koreans call hi...
Sep 3, 2012 20:46 circlejerk made 6 corrections for Questions for a Hotel
Great English skill with only very minor errors. :-)
Sep 3, 2012 20:29 circlejerk commented on About “I’m Leaving”
In the situation you were in, I would say "I have to go." When you want to excuse yourself from people, you can say "I h...
Sep 3, 2012 19:14 Oof made 1 corrections for Distinguish Between "S...
Yes, you're right. Well done on figuring it out on your own. :)
Sep 2, 2012 18:19 Mine Fielder commented on A Chinese Man Corrected My ...
If you were Australian you'd tell him to piss off and mind his own manners. Where does he get off dictating how women (or other peopl...
Sep 2, 2012 01:10 Ookami commented on A Chinese Man Corrected My ...
To be honest I think it's rather cool when girls speak casually. I haven't spoken to anyone in Japanese yet but I think I'd l...
Sep 1, 2012 22:21 Jonadab commented on A Chinese Man Corrected My ...
Informal speech doesn't bother me, but I don't like a lot of actual swearing. Your entry reminds me of a Jeff Foxworthy joke a...
Aug 31, 2012 22:44 Vermilion made 2 corrections for There Is No Milk In My House
short of milk だと、不足なので、残っている可能性もありだと思います。 ただ単に、I have no milk. でも 「今ありません」です。
Aug 31, 2012 22:25 tony commented on A Question
"Any child" might be natural in UK English-- I'm not sure. In US English, I think most speakers would say "any childre...
Aug 31, 2012 22:23 tony made 1 corrections for A Question
There is no difference in meaning. "I don't have any children" is more natural, in my opinion. However, if someone has just...
Aug 30, 2012 06:28 Jonadab made 6 corrections for A Call From an Internet Pro...
Some people answer telemarketers with a counterscript: http://egbg.home.xs4all.nl/counterscript.html Personally, I just hang up on th...
Aug 29, 2012 23:37 tony made 9 corrections for A Call From an Internet Pro...
The woman was probably just making a guess, realizing that you didn't want to talk to her, and hoping you would turn over the call to...
Aug 29, 2012 23:21 tony made 1 corrections for Cats’ Tongue Is Like a Grater
You can say either "A cat's tongue is like a grater" or "Cats' tongues are like graters". Cats' tongue...
Aug 26, 2012 21:33 Jonadab made 4 corrections for About a Friends’ Request マイ...
I have criteria for whether I accept the requests that I receive. Mainly, I look at whether they ever write anything I can read and whet...
Aug 25, 2012 01:05 tony made 8 corrections for That’s Because I Was Born i...
I don't even use a cell phone yet. I say "I'm still living in the twentieth century."
Aug 24, 2012 20:35 kusaimamekirai made 5 corrections for Waiting for the Winds Blow ...
Very nice journal. Japan is so hot these days. I am sticky and sweaty everyday too. But many of my co-workers at my job don't swea...
Aug 21, 2012 09:36 Jonadab made 2 corrections for A Dream Makes Me Write 夢が書かせる
Dreams often take elements from our real lives and combine them in unusual ways. The weirdest dream I ever had involved a blue alligator...
Aug 19, 2012 22:27 Tori-kun commented on The Difference between “Nig...
The difference lies in the intensity, I think. Furthermore, you can "This experience was just a nightmare." without using word...
Aug 19, 2012 21:38 tony made 3 corrections for A Dream Makes Me Write 夢が書かせる
I'm glad to see your entry, but you shouldn't let your dreams boss you around like that.^^
Aug 19, 2012 20:25 Jonadab commented on The Difference between “Nig...
Originally, they meant the same thing, although "nightmare" is perhaps a bit more emphatic -- a nightmare is a really bad dream...
Aug 19, 2012 19:49 LaihanMagTulog commented on The Difference between “Nig...
same thing I believe. Nightmare came from the Old English mythological "mare" a demon who torments human beings with frightenin...
Aug 19, 2012 19:48 Teishie commented on The Difference between “Nig...
They are basically the same which is why they translate the same. The difference to me is the intensity of the dream. Nightmare: I wo...
Jul 27, 2012 21:58 tony made 1 corrections for About An Idiom ある慣用句について
I'm also a US English speaker, and it's been a common idiom in every part of the country I've lived in (the northeast, the mi...
Jul 27, 2012 20:34 minicat made 1 corrections for About An Idiom ある慣用句について
It's actually more British English, because it involves self-deprecation which is a British trait. In the phrase the speaker admits ...
Jul 23, 2012 22:46 tony made 2 corrections for Pronunciation 発音
It's possible that the person asked "Have you ever been to a clan (一味) meeting?", meaning the Ku Klux Klan by "clan&qu...
Jul 23, 2012 22:36 Jonadab commented on Pronunciation 発音
> Does “Klux” sound like “class”? No. "Klux" is pronounced the same as "clucks", with the short u sound like i...
Jul 22, 2012 20:03 Tsubasa commented on One of the Things What I Th...
Yay, just leave them behind. Those who don't know the difficulties of learning language, never understand the happiness of the adve...
Jul 22, 2012 07:13 Jonadab made 4 corrections for I’ll Give Japanese Translat...
I've had some phone conversations like that... Patron: "My computer won't boot up the internet." Me: "Okay, ...
Jul 22, 2012 02:15 tony made 6 corrections for I’ll Give Japanese Translat...
和訳してくれてありがとうございます。^^
Jul 21, 2012 22:48 Jonadab made 3 corrections for One of the Things What I Th...
English speakers tend to assume that speaking and listening are easier than reading and writing. After all, young children learn to spea...
Jul 21, 2012 21:20 ddom made 9 corrections for One of the Things What I Th...
Your English is great!! I used to think the same way toward foreigners in the US until I moved to Japan and realized how hard it is to pi...
Jul 21, 2012 20:16 tony made 9 corrections for Do You Write Entries With A...
I write sentences in Japanese, trying to think in Japanese as much as is possible for me. I then translate each Japanese sentence into En...
Jul 20, 2012 23:19 Tsubasa commented on When I Learn Something New
Some of my students are good at listening and others are good at reading. Every person has his or her own strong point. Sometimes peopl...
Jul 19, 2012 11:02 Jonadab made 2 corrections for When I Learn Something New
It sounds like maybe you're a visual thinker. When you read, do you have to hear your voice in your head pronouncing all the words...
Jul 18, 2012 03:18 Jonadab made 1 corrections for Some Writing 2
I don't understand why someone learning Japanese would try to skip katakana. It isn't any harder to learn than hiragana (and MUC...
Jun 28, 2012 12:53 Himawari made 11 corrections for Lang-8 Is Wonderful
What a great learning experience!
Jun 27, 2012 23:09 tony made 9 corrections for Lang-8 Is Wonderful
そうですね。
Jun 27, 2012 22:15 Tsubasa commented on Lang-8 Is Wonderful
Your friend who corrected your post, the writer who replied to you honestly, and you, who sent a direct message to the writer with great ...
Jun 25, 2012 13:18 Himawari made 9 corrections for What For
Wow, that's an interesting disclaimer. At least they seem to recognize that simply studying for a test won't solve all of your p...
Jun 24, 2012 23:56 made 5 corrections for Sample Tests For a Californ...
Passing the written test just means you are allowed to learn how to drive a real car. You have to take an actual driving test as well bef...
Jun 23, 2012 10:34 Ookami commented on Yay!
I’ve just got the first bid for discount tickets at an auction! This sounds more natural.
Jun 23, 2012 02:38 xmas commented on 질문이에요.
그렇게 들리기도 하네요
Jun 23, 2012 02:25 舒斌 commented on 질문이에요.
[ 깜짝 놀래짜나] 가 맞지 않을까요? =)
Jun 23, 2012 01:29 tony made 6 corrections for My Comments On My Friend...
I still miss too much when I watch Japanese anime with no subtitles (I haven't been able to find any dorama that interest me). I some...
Jun 23, 2012 00:34 M commented on 질문이에요.
'깜짝'의 발음이 맞습니다. 스스로 발음해보니 뒷부분의 '놀랬잖아' 부분과 이어져서 발음이 '깜짱'으로 발음되는것 같네요.