Some English Questions

•  
  • 1000
  • 6
  • 2
I used to read English books without particularly focusing into their grammars and idioms, but recently I can’t help but notice their usages.
Writing the above sentence, I was at a loss whether I should write “usage” as a countable noun or an uncountable noun.
According to the Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, if you mean “the way something is treated or used”, you should use it as uncountable.
On the other hand, if you mean “the way a particular word in a language, or a language in general, is used”, you can use as both countable and uncountable.
So, I should write the word as plural, right?

As you can see, I’m not good at grammars and I don’t like studying them from textbooks.
I used to study them only for texts like TOEIC.
While I have been struggling to write entries in English over three months, I’ve realized that it’s useless to study them unless I can use them in practice.

Well, I have some English questions.

I take “quite a few things” means a lot of things and I learned from school that both “a lot of things” and “many things” mean the same.
By adding “quite” to “a lot of things” or “many things”, it can describe more things.
(Both “quite a lot of things” and “quite many things” can describe more things than “a lot of things” and “many things”.)
So, “quite a few things” can describe more things than “a lot of things”?

You get chilled when you fear something or you catch a cold, but do you get chilled when you’re just cold?
You feel cold when it’s cold, but do you feel cold when you catch a cold?
Do you feel frozen when you feel more cold?
Let’s say you’re walking in the street when it’s snowing and the wind is blowing, do you say “I feel frozen.”, “I feel cold.” or anything else?

The more I’m writing this entry, the more confused I get.
I’ll finish for today.

I’d appreciate if you could explain them to me.
Thanks in advance.