Daily Conversations

•  
  • 633
  • 5
  • 3
These are sentences that I wondered about how to say in English yesterday and today.
I’m going to write them randomly.
If you don’t have enough time to correct everything, I’d appreciate it if you would correct some of them.

I like the sound of pouring water from a pitcher into a cup.
I like the sound when I’m pouring water of a pitcher into a cup.
(I can’t come up with the better sentence than them^^;)

When I was at a loss on the streets today, I was asked another direction by someone who was also at a loss.
(I was also at a loss when it came to the preposition of “the streets.” In or on?)

I missed watching a documentary show I had wanted to watch since the announcement had show up.
I missed a documentary show I had wanted to watch since the announcement had show up.
(I don’t know which sentence sounds more natural.)

My cat can enjoy playing only with a wrinkled piece of paper.
My cat can enjoy playing only with a paper scrap.

Sometimes my cat stares at something we can’t see. Maybe ghosts?

I don’t want to lose my good eyesight and wear glasses. Luckily for now I live with naked eyes. So when I feel like it is getting worse after looking at a computer screen or watching TV for a long time, I exercise my eyeballs.

Recently, I often see my father wiping tears of his eyes during watching TV. For me it’s something I’m not supposed to see. So, I pretend to not to see it. It is one of the times when I realize that he is getting older and weaker.