English Examination

•  
  • 153
  • 4
  • 2
Aug 31, 2018 10:22 English
On up-coming October of this year, I have two English tests:TOEIC and the GEPT.

As I mentioned constantly from some of my previous entries on Lang-8, I considered these English exams can measure my currently ability.

I take them every year, I took the TOEIC twice, the first time I obtained 430 points, the second time I got 640 points.

About the GEPT, I individually took elementary level three times and finally succeed to pass at the third time, also I took intermediate level four times, I failed many times.

The GEPT is more difficult than the TOEIC in my opinion, because it includes writing, reading, listening and speaking tests, the TOEIC only has listing and reading, that's why I failed in passing the GEPT many times.

In general, ESL students think that listening and reading parts are easier than writing and speaking parts, every time I took the latter parts in the exam, it was still only lack a little points to across the criterion of passing the test, otherwise, I didn't had to take it again and again, it was quite annoying.

Moreover, the registration fees of these two exams are pretty expensive, in spite of that, I am still thrilling to prepare for these exams.

Hopefully I can pass the GEPT intermediate level speaking and writing section this time! It only examines the examinees' Chinese-English translation ability and give them a subject to write a short essay.

About the TOEIC, my target point in this year is to obtain at least above 800 points!

I want to succeed!
(在今年即將到來的10月份,我有兩個英語考試:多益與全民英語能力分級檢定測驗)

(就如我之前經常在我的一些Lang-8的日記裡所提到了,我將這些考試視為測量我當前的英語能力鑑測工具)

(我每天都參加這些考試,我參加多益兩次,第一次我拿到430分,第二次我拿了640分)

(關於全民英檢,我分別參加過初級三次並且最後在第三次成功,同時我參加了中級測驗四次,我失敗很多次)

(仔我看來,全民英檢比多益難,因為它包含了寫作,閱讀,聽力與口說測驗,多益只有聽力和閱讀,這就是為何我在全民英檢失敗這麼多次)

(一般來說,ESL學生覺得聽力與閱讀比寫作和口說容易,每一次我參加後者在測驗中的部份,都只差一點點分數就能跨越通過標準,不然我不必一次又一次地參加,非常的煩)

(此外,這兩項測驗的報名費非常的昂貴,儘管如此,我仍興奮於準備這些考試)

(但願我這次可以通過全民英檢中級口說與寫作考試的部份!它只測試受試者的中英文翻譯能力與給予他們一個主題來撰寫一則短篇論說文)

(關於多益,我的目標分數是在今年取得至少800分以上!)

I want to succeed!
(我想要成功!)