A Letter

•  
  • 73
  • 4
  • 2
Mar 28, 2019 08:15 English
The following letter is for a PHD Indian student who is going to stay in my house for two days on April 6th to April 7th, I gonna host him.

Because he has already sent a letter to me, so here is my sincere response:

Hello, friend, I am very delighting to meet you, first of all, sorry for my limited English, if you detect any grammatical errors, please let me know, because I am still learning English.

It's the first time I participate in such a host family program, before that, I have no related experiences, so wish we can get along with each other because I like to interact with people.

My TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication) score is 700, this is just an information for you about you can probably measure my English ability(if you can't speak Chinese, then this is a measurement for you to assess whether we will have English communicational struggling or not).

My parents don't understand English but I understand, so I will be your translator while they want to talk with you. My father understand quite a little bit English but can't speak English, my mother completely don't understand English, this is my family's basic information.

My mother is a public primary school teacher(her position belongs to a Taiwanese civil servant), she is versatile of cooking foods. My father is an electric meter tester and work at the Taiwan Power Company, both of them are very good at Chinese language especially focus on classical Chinese and poems, since I was young, I received the most rigorous training in Chinese language.

If you would like to learning Chinese, they can teach you without any charges(I guaranteed), as I said that we are happy to interact with people, no matter where you come from.

About myself, I am 29 years old and graduated from Department of Information and Management, National Open University(TW) in 2018(bachelor degree). My regular occupation is a librarian(for almost above 5 years) and my part-time job is an English-speaking tour guide(however I just obtained this license for only a few months ago and I am not a veteran in this field of job) I still participate internship about how to be a tour guide properly, this is my information.

If you have any questions, please let me know and I will help you, also, when will you available? perhaps we can find somewhere to meet each other before we host you, if you permit, perhaps Taipei city or New Taipei city are better to find a coffee shop or a restaurant to have a small talk?

Finally, let me remind you something, because we are all Christian, so we will go to church on 7/4 morning(only from 8:00AM to 13:00PM approximately), after completing our worship, we will still available to host you! if it makes you uncomfortable, please forgive our religion habit.

Thanks for sending me your warm greetings! I will add your Line ASAP.
(以下的信是寫給一位要到我家待從四月六日至七日兩天的印度籍博士研究生,我準備要接待他)

(因為他早已寄了一封信給我,所以這是我真誠的回覆:)

(哈囉,朋友,我很高興認識你,首先,很抱歉我的英文仍是有限的,如果你發現任何文法上的錯誤,請告訴我,因為我還在學英語)

(這是我第一次參與這樣的一個接待家庭計劃,在這之前,我沒有相關經驗,所以希望我們可以相處融洽印為我喜歡跟人群互動)

(我的多益分數是700分,這只是一個給你參考的資訊是有關你或許可以評估我的英文能力(如果你不會說中文的話,那這就是一個評判來給你評估我們是否在英文上會有溝通方面的問題))

(我的父母不懂英文但我懂,所以我會在他們想跟你說話的時候擔任你的翻譯員,我爸爸懂一點點英文但不會說英文,我媽媽完全不懂英文,這市我的家庭的基本資訊)

(我媽媽是一位公立小學的老師(她的職位屬於臺灣公務員),她擅長烹飪各種食物,我爸爸是一位在臺灣電力公司的電表測試員,他們兩個人都對中文很擅長,特別是文言文與詩辭,自我年幼時,我受到了最嚴格的中文教育)

(如果你想學中文,他們可以在不收任何費用的情況下來教你(我保證),就如我說過我們高興跟人群互動,不管你從哪兒來)

(關於我自己,我今年二十九歲並從國立空中大學的資訊與管理學系畢業(學士),我的主要工作是一位圖書館員(快五年了),並且我的兼職工作是一位英語導遊(不過我只是在幾個月前剛拿到這個駕照不久,並且領域裡並不是老手),我仍參加實習關於如何正確的做一位導遊,這就是我的基本資訊了)

(如果你有任何問題,請告訴我並且會協助你,同時,你何時有空?或許我們可以在我家接待你之前先找個地方先認識一下彼此,如果你允許,或許在臺北市或新北市會比較好去找到一間咖啡店或一間餐廳來閒聊一下?)

(最後,讓我提醒你一些事,因為我們全都是基督徒,所以我們會在育月7日早上去教堂(大約從早上八點到下午一點),完成我們的敬拜之後,我們仍然會接待你!如果這讓你感到不適,請原諒我們的信仰習慣)

(感謝你寄給我這樣溫暖的問候!我會盡快加你的Line)