Resignation

•  
  • 41
  • 0
  • 1
Jul 11, 2019 19:09 English
I have been thinking over for whether to resign my commission of librarian a few months.

Today is my day-off. This afternoon, I was invited to attend an job interview, which was a professional English-speaking car driver.

The job's obligation/responsibility/duty is to pick up foreign clients from airports or in charges of dealing with packaged tours.

At first, when I came to the main entrance of the company, I was pretty nervous.

After trying to calm down myself, I raised my courage to press the doorbell.

Most of the staff members seemed to look friendly when they opened the door, I therefore ruled out my anxiety right away.

One of their staff members said that this job's working time is not regular, most of the time the drivers must get up pretty early in order to pick up clients at the airport or overwork until midnight.

Moreover, the drivers must listen company's order for going to everywhere in Taiwan for dealing with package tours even live outside temporarily because some package tours are not only one-day but also a few days.

All in all, most of the time the drivers will pick up Taiwanese clients, it is merely a few chances to pick up English-speaking clients.

After returning home, I have been thinking it over for a few hours, because I haven't quitted my current job yet.

Ultimately, I sent a message to my superior, which was inform him about my resignation.

He replied that he respected my decision, however, since the library is currently lack enough human resources, he asked for me to work continuously until the end of this month.

Now I have a bid challenge:Am I eligible for being this kind of driver? if I couldn't, I couldn't return to the library for retake my original job either because that job was replaced by another person already.

Walking out of the original comfort zone is easier and said than done.

Although I have a strong nostalgia for working at the library over six years, I eventually must leave there before 30 years old:Searching for a suitable job.

Since I have accustomed to stay in the library after retiring from army many years, I will miss everything I have experienced in the library.

(The librarian is merely a part-time job, the wage is too less to maintain livelihood, that's why I have to leave the library)
(我已思考是否要辭去我圖書館員的職務好幾個月)

(今天我休假,今天下午,我被邀請參加工作面試,是職業英語司機的工作)

(這份工作的責任是在機場載外國客戶或負責處理包辦式旅遊)

(起先,當我到公司的大門時,我很緊張)

(試著冷靜之後,我鼓起勇氣按了門鈴)

(當她們打開門時,多數職員似乎看起來很友善,我因此馬上排除了焦慮)

(她們其中一位職員說這份工作的工時不固定,多數駕駛必須很早就起床為了在機場載客戶或超時工作直到深夜)

(此外,駕駛必須聽從公司的命令到臺灣的每個地方處理包辦旅遊甚至臨時性的外宿因為一些包辦旅遊不只是一天而且是好幾天)

(總之,多數時間駕駛會載臺灣客戶,只有一些機會載得到英語客戶)

(回到家之後,我腦慮了幾小時,因為我還未辭去我現在的工作)

(最終,我發了一封信息給我的長官,是通知他關於我的辭職)

(他說他尊重我的想法,不過,因圖書館現在缺乏足夠的人力,他要求我繼續工作直到這個月的月底)

(現在我有一個很大的挑戰:我有資格成為這種駕駛嗎?如果我不行,我也沒辦法再回到圖書館工作,因為工作職位已被其他人取代)

(走出原本的舒適圈說來容易做來難)

(雖然我有很強烈的懷舊之情在圖書館工作超過六年,我終究必須在30歲之前離開那裡:尋找一份適合的工作)

(在軍隊中退役後我早已習慣在圖書館工作,我會想念我曾在圖書館經歷的每一件事)

(圖書館員只是一份兼職工,工資太低以致不能維持生計,這就是為何我必須離開圖書館)