Observation:After The Regional Election, Where Is Taiwan's Future?

•  
  • 97
  • 1
  • 1
Nov 25, 2018 00:22 English
Announcement:The purpose of the entry is merely practice to describe the progress of the election in English without support or against any specific political parties.

Today, the regional election is held in Taiwan.

The time frame of voting is at 8am to 4pm, after the time frame has finished, the majority of Taiwanese people have been following the latest situation of election on television or internet, this is one of the political cultures in Taiwan.

At the beginning, when ballots was counting, the circumstance made people pretty excited and nervous is because many of candidates' amont of votes was quite close.

Several hours ago, I was very surprised that Kuomintang almost occupied all of Taiwan's regional Constituencies.

The current ruling party is the Democratic Progressive Party in Taiwan, some people considered this election is a maximum exam for the DPP, obviously, the result of the election is not qualified.

Other than Keelung City, Taoyuan City, Hsin-Chu City, Tainan City, Pingtung County and Chyayi City are controlled by the DPP, all of the other counties and cities are controlled by the KMT completely in Taiwan.

What did I observe from this election? I detected that every election is just like a circulation, when people unsatisfied the current ruling party's political achievements, the most constituents would use votes to make a lesson to the ruling party and let the opposition party elected.

Tonight, the KMT is completely has a landslide, many people who support the KMT are rejoice.

Similarly, many people who support the DPP are sorrow as well, however, there is a man, Chen Chi-Mai who is the mayor candidate in Kaohsiung City, was failed in the election this time, his comment made me appreciate him.

he appreciated the voters who support him and appealed that please support the elected candidate, also he hoped people can cotinuesly support Kaohsiung without support a specific political party, this attitude earned a great appreciation from most people.

Meanwhile, Kaohsiung City had never controlled by the KMT for 33 years, so the result of the election surprised many people.

My view about the result is that the DPP lost people's heart this time, obviously, most people dislike Tsai-government's political achievements.

Many people predicted that the KMT will win the 2020 presidential election because of the regional election.

President Tsai-Wing-Wan, is the Chairman of the DPP as well, she announced that she quit the position of the chairman this evening in light of the result of the election.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2018/11/25/2003704879
(聲明:這篇日記的目的僅為使用英文練習描述這次選舉的過程,沒有支持或反對任何特定政黨)

(今天.區域選舉在臺灣舉行)

(投票時限從早上8點到下午4點,時限結束後,多數臺灣人已在電視或網路上追蹤選舉的最新情況,這是臺灣其中一個政治文化)

(起初,當選票正在計算時,這情形讓人們非常興奮與緊張是因為許多候選人的票數非常的接近)

(數小時之前,我非常驚訝國民黨幾乎攻下了所有臺灣的區域選區)

(臺灣現在的執政黨是民主進步黨,一些人視這次選舉對於民進黨來說是場期中考試,很明顯地,選舉的結果不合格)

(除了基隆市,桃園市,新竹市,臺南市,屏東市和嘉義市被民進黨佔下來,所有臺灣其他的縣市皆被國民黨完全地掌控住)

(我在這場選舉中觀察到什麼?我察覺到每場選舉就像一個循環一樣,當人們不滿意現在的執政黨的政績的時候,多數選民就會用選票教訓執政黨並讓反對黨當選)

(今晚,國民黨壓倒性的大勝利,許多支持國民黨的人很高興)

(同樣地,許多支持民進黨的人也很傷心,不過,有一個人,陳其邁是高雄市長的候選人,這次選舉失敗,他的評論讓我欣賞他)

(他感謝投他的選民並呼籲請支持當選的候選人,同時他希望人們可以繼續地支持高雄並且不支持特定的政黨,這個態度從許多人們那兒贏得了很大的欣賞)

(同時,高雄市在過去33年裡不曾被國民黨控制,所以這個選舉結果驚訝了許多人)

(我的觀點對於此次的結果是民進黨這次失去了民心,明顯地,多數人不喜歡蔡政府的政績)

(許多人預測國民黨會贏得2020年總統大選,是由於這場區域性選舉所致)

(蔡英文總統,也是民進黨主席,她今晚宣佈了她辭去黨主席的位置是由於這場選舉的結果所致)