The Importance of Being A Humble Guy

•  
  • 80
  • 2
  • 3
Mar 29, 2019 17:43 English
Last month, there was a travel agency's staff phoned me about she found my information from the Tour Guide Association's human resource bank, she invited me to visit her company and had an interview.

She also told me that if I permit, after completing the interview, I might have a chance to guide mainland Chinese travel groups.

The problem is that I am an English-Speaking tour guide, my dream is to leading English-Speaking travel groups, but I promised her I would attend the interview this afternoon.

When I got into their company, there was an office lady who approached me and handed me a piece of application form, she told me that before her superior interviewed me, I have to complete the form.

After for a while, her superior came and read my form. She therefore asked me with an arrogant manner:''you are still working at the library, why do you want to contact tourism? Are you getting troubles at your library or you just have some conflicts with your coworkers? It seems you want to get away from there, huh?''

After she saying that, I was pretty uncomfortable and kind of angry, I replied:''no, I just want to know more details about this industry, I am get along with my coworkers.''

She asked another question:''do you think a librarian is able to be a tour guide without any related experiences? I am very doubt that, how do you think?''

When she asked me this, eventually I couldn't put up with her arrogance, I said:''okay, ma'am, guess what? Actually I am not interested in guiding mainland Chinese travel groups, due to your staff called me two times and invited me, otherwise, I won't be here.''

She also said:''okay, fine! Then we don't need to waste our time for staying here about doing unmeaningful stuff, get out and good bye!''

I was extremely angry about her bad manner. Exactly, she is a boss who works at that travel agency, however, she doesn't need to treat me in such a manner necessarily, because I haven't knew her!

When I got on MRT, I started to regret about what I did to her, I shouldn't said that irresponsible answer to her, I am afraid of that if she told other travel agencies about what I did today, my fame in tourism would be destroyed.(because I currently also working at the MPG travel company as a part-time English-speaking tour guise as well).

On the other hand, I think that I violated one of the God's laws:Do not be arrogant.

Even though I still have a regular job, I can't revenge upon her about what she did to me.

This is absolutely inappropriate, the lesson I learned today is that always thinking about how to do a thing properly before made that decision.

All in all, I am so frustrated, but I will getting better soon, I told to my mom about this concern, she comforted me and sent me some useful verses from the Bible.

English Recovery version from James 4:6:''But He gives greater grace;therefore it says, God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble''
(上個月,有一位旅行社職員打給我是關於她在導遊協會的人力銀行的網站上找到了我的資訊,她邀請我到她的公司去面試)

(她同時也告訴我如果我願意,完成面試後我就可能有機會帶陸團)

(問題是我是一個英語導遊,我的夢想是帶英語團,但我答應了她我今天下午會參加面試)

(當握進入她們的公司時,有一位辦公室小姐拿著一張應徵表接近我,她跟我說在她的主管面試我之前,我要把表格完成)

(一段時間過後,她的主管就來了並讀了我的表格,她因此用一種傲慢的方式問我說:''你還在圖書館工作嘛,為什麼你想接觸旅遊業?你是不是在你的圖書館有些問題還是說你只是跟同事之間不合?你似乎想逃避那兒是吧?'')

(她這樣說之後,我非常不舒服並且有些生氣,我回答:''不,我只是想知道這個產業的更多細節,我跟我的同事處的很好'')

(她問了其他的問題:''你覺得一個圖書館員有能力在沒有任何經驗的情況之下做一個導遊嗎?我很懷疑,那你覺得呢?'')

(當她這樣問我的時候,我終於無法忍受她的傲慢,我說:''好,女士,你猜怎麼著?事實上我對帶陸團是沒有興趣的,由於妳的職員打給我兩次,否則我不會在這裡'')

(她也說道:''好啊,那我們就不需要浪費我們的時候在這裡做沒意義的事情,出去然後再見!'')

(我對於她的差勁的禮貌感到很生氣,沒錯,她是在那間旅行社工作的老闆,不過,她不需要用這種方式來對待我,因為我又不認識她!)

(當我上捷運之後,我開始後悔對她所做的事,我不該對她說這麼不負責任的話,我怕如果她將我今天所做的事告訴其他的旅行社的話,我在旅遊業的名聲就會被毀了(因為我現在也在MPG公司做兼職導遊))

(另一方面,我覺得我違反了 神其中一條法則:不可傲慢)

(即使我仍有正職工作,我不可以用她對我做的事來報復她)

(這絕對是不妥的,我今天所學到的教訓是總要在做決定前思考如何正確的做一件事)

(總之,我很挫折,但我會很快就好起來的,我將此事告訴我的媽媽,她用聖經中某些實用的經文安慰我)

(英文聖經恢復本,雅各書第四章第六節:''但 祂賜更大的恩典;所以經上說,''神敵擋驕傲的人,賜福給謙卑的人'')