A Casual Coversation

•  
  • 109
  • 2
  • 2
Aug 23, 2018 10:41 English
Yesterday I return to Taiwan from abroad.

Because my flight was procrastinated to took off from abroad, when plane landed and taxied on runway at the Taoyuan International Airport, it was midnight.

During that time, there were no any buses can take, also the airport metro was closed.

When I was considering what should I do; a middle-age man approached me and said ''hey, if I allowed you only cost 600 NTDs to pick up you go to your destination, would you like to go with me?''

Normally from airport to New Taipei city where I currently live in, the fee of taking a taxi is at least above 1000 NTDs. That's why I don't really want to take a taxi there.

He said that he found another person can share the fee with me, so that's why the fee only cost me 600 NTDs.

After that, I took that middle-age man's taxi, another passenger who took this taxi with me was coincidentally a foreigner.

I have some conversations with him and knew that he is an English teacher, he said that he had a brief vacation and return to Taiwan from Philippines.

Despite I stammered when I spoke English with him, he was still patience and friendly to wait for me to let me spoke.
(我昨天從國外返回台灣)

(因為我的回程班機延遲起飛,當飛機降落並滑行於桃園國際機場時,已是凌晨)

(在那個時間點,沒有任何巴士可以搭,同時機場捷運也關了)

(當我正考慮該怎麼做的時候,一位中年男子接近我並說''嗨,如果我讓妳只花600元載你去你的目的地,你會想跟我走嗎?'')

(通常從機場到我現再居住的新北市,計程車費用至少要1000元以上,這就為何我不是真的很想在那邊搭計程車)

(他說他找到了另一位可以跟我分攤費用了人,所以這就是為何費用只要花我600元)

(之後我就搭了那個中年男子的計程車,另一位跟我搭計程車的乘客碰巧是一位外國人)

(我與他有一些對話並得知他是一位英語好師,他說他渡了個小假並從菲律賓返回台灣)

(儘管當我跟他說英語時我口吃,他還是有耐心並且很友善的等我讓我說完話)