After Taking The TOEIC Test Fourth Times

•  
  • 27
  • 1
  • 2
Oct 4, 2019 22:11 English
Today I took the TOEIC exam. This is the fourth times I took the examination.

Since the result of the TOEIC reflects the examinees' English ability who take the exam, I take it annually to assess my English.

I remember that the first time I took the exam four years ago, I couldn't understand every single question. When time was up, I merely completed roughly fifty questions from the reading part of the test.

I still remained almost one hundred and fifty questions that I didn't complete.

About the listening part of the test, I didn't understand what was each single person talking about either.

The first time I got 415 points from taking the exam.

Four years have passed. I read numerous reference books/textbooks constantly.

I was astonished that how could I mark the answer for each of the question from the test so rapidly today.

I marked the correct answers on the answer sheet spontaneously. I couldn't believe that. Compared with four years ago, this is absolutely impossible.

However, I still have some questions that I didn't understand. From the listening test, some Australian accents and Canadian accents were difficult to figure out what are they talking about.

I still love British accent, it sounds wonderful. Some British words are completely different from American English words and they are difficult to be memorized as well.

To be honest, recently I didn't read any relevant textbooks or practice before I took the test, since I have been busy at my job.

I merely borrowed a sample listening practice textbook from a library. I didn't complete all of the sample questions from the textbook either.

Since the reading part of the exam is difficult to complete all of the questions, I completed 185 questions and remained 15 questions.

I marked these 15 questions without thinking since the time was almost up.

Probably this time I can obtain a better score from the test.

All in all, I understand that obtaining a good result from the test doesn't mean that I can apply English very well. I merely want to test myself.
(今天我參加了TOEIC考試。這是我第四次參加考試。)

(由於TOEIC的成績反映了參加考試的應試者的英語能力,因此,我每年都會用它來評估我的英語。)

(我記得四年前第一次參加考試時,我無法理解每個問題。時間到了,我只完成了閱讀部分的大約五十個題目。)

(我仍然有將近150個未完成的題目。)

(關於測試的聽力部分,我不明白每一題的人在說什麼。)

(我第一次從考試中獲得415分。)

(四年過去了。我經常閱讀許多參考書/教科書。)

(令我驚訝的是,今天我怎麼能如此迅速地劃記出在考試中的每個題目的答案。)

(我很自然的在答題紙上標記了正確的答案。我簡直不敢相信。與四年前相比,這絕對是不可能的。)

(但是,我還有一些我不明白的題目。從聽力測驗中,有些澳大利亞口音和加拿大口音很難弄清他們在說什麼。)

(我仍然喜歡英國的口音,聽起來很棒。一些英式單詞與美式英語單詞完全不同,它們也很難記住。)

(老實說,最近我在參加考試之前沒有閱讀任何相關的教科書或練習,因為我一直在忙於工作。)

(我只是從圖書館借來了一個示例聽力練習教科書。我也沒有完成教科書中的所有示例題目。)

(由於考試的閱讀部分很難完成所有題目,因此我完成了185個題目,還有其餘15個題目未完成。)

(由於時間快到了,我沒有思考就直接劃記了這15個題目的答案。)

(大概這次我可以從考試中獲得更好的分數。)

(總而言之,我知道從考試中獲得良好的成績並不意味著我可以很好地運用英語。我只想測試自己。)