Oral Test

•  
  • 207
  • 4
  • 2
Feb 9, 2018 11:58 English
There are two sections in the exam of English tour guide in Taiwan, first potion is multiple choice questions in Chinese, second potion is oral test in English, if the examinee pass the first potion, then can go through the next part.

However the ranges of the oral test have no precise direction to prepare, the test center merely announced that they will examine ''self introduction'', ''Taiwanese culture and current state of Taiwan'', ''scenery, festivals and local cuisine''.

The range is too wide to prepare within a month, depends on my current English ability, I'm unsure whether I can pass it or not.

About self introduction, I think it's easy, I can just write a piece of draft and memorize it, but the next two potions' ranges are quite wide and difficult to describe, I glanced at some sample questions they offered on the official website, when will the examinees know the exact question is that before entered into the interview room, they will let examinees pick a random draw.

The examinees merely have five minutes to prepare their interview subject before enter the examine room.

The sample test questions are ''if your foreign friends want to visit Yangmingshan National Park, how could you explain and introduce the features of the national park?'', ''please introduce Taiwanese aboriginal's characteristics'', ''please introduce what is Chinese medicine?''

All of them won't be revealed before the test, so that's why I think the oral test section is difficult.

I only have a method, which is alleviate the difficulty in describe them, is simplify my description as much as I can. These questions have already been difficult to described in my native language, perhaps when I express myself at the test room, my wording might be childish and have many grammatical errors, nevertheless, my target is merely want to pass the test.
(在臺灣的英語導遊考試有兩個部份,第一部份是中文選擇題,第二部份是英語口試,如果受試者通過第一部份,那就可以進入下一階段)

(不過口試的範圍沒有準確的方向來準備,測驗中心僅僅宣佈他們會測試''自我介紹'',''臺灣文化和當前國情'',''風景,節慶和當地美食''.)

(考試範圍因為太廣以致於很難在一個月內就準備好,依照我現在的英語能力,我不確定我是否可以通過考試)

(關於自我介紹的部份,我覺得是容易的,我可以寫一張草稿然後記住它,但是接下來的兩個部份的範圍真的太廣並且很難描述,我略為一瞥他們在官方網站上提供的一些樣本題目,受試者何時才會知道準確的題目是在進入測驗室之前,他們會讓受試者抽籤)

(在進入測驗室之前,受試者僅僅有五分鐘的時間可以準備他們的面試題目)

(樣本題目是''如果你的外國朋友想要去陽明山國家公園,你會如何介紹這座國家公園的特色?'',''請介紹臺灣原住民的特色'',''請介紹什麼是中醫?'')

(這些題目在測驗之前都不會被揭露,所以這就是為何我覺得口試部份很難的原因)

(我只有一個方法,就是減輕描述時的困難度,就是盡我所能去將描述簡易化,這些問題要用我的母語去描述都很難了,或許當我在測驗室表達我自己時,我的措辭可能會很幼稚並且有許多文法錯誤,儘管如此,我的目標只是通過測驗而已)