University should accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject. To what extents do you agree or disagree?

•  
  • 2450
  • 0
  • 0
Aug 22, 2010 16:06 TOEFL essay writing
Some people may argue that university should accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject. However, I have a different idea. When it comes to the statement that in every subject there should be equal number of female and male, I have to disagree.
To begin with, every subjects have its own features. Therefore, it can be said, every subject should limit the number of each gender based on their features. There is a great example supporting this idea. To illustrate, in a class that studies atomic nucleus, they admit very small numbers of female students because the radioactivity may harm their reproductive systems. Thus, I believe that every subject should have different numbers of female and male students based on the features it has.
In addition, in university every subjects are divided into the department of liberal arts and the department of science. Putting it differently, there is a result of experiment that said the brain structure of boys suit better in the subjects related with science than the brain structure of girls. Therefore, it can be said that there should be different number of male and female students based on what that suject is about. There is an example supporting this idea. Thus, I believe that there should be different number offemale and male students by what that subject is about.
All in all, there should have different numbers of male and female students for the following 2 reasons. First, every subject has different features. Second, every subject has different topics that they are going to focus about.