This essay is for IELTS test

•  
  • 116
  • 0
  • 1
This essay is for IELTS test

All young people should go abroad at least once because travelling abroad is beneficial for young people in that they can understand other cultures and understand their own culture more clearly.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

There is an opinion that all young people should go abroad at least once because travelling abroad at least once. They claim that travelling abroad is beneficial for young people in that they can understand other cultures and understand their own culture more clearly. I disagree this idea. It is true that travelling abroad help understand cultures but it costs and what young travelers could learn is limited. From now on, I explain more about the three reasons.
First, in general, travelling costs high especially when it comes to going to abroad. Not all young people have enough money, so in order to achieve this ideal, you need financial aid. If the government did financial support, the government would be in dept. Many governments don’t have enough money. Nowadays it is said that over half children are in poor in Japan, one of the developed countries. In short, there are financial problem.
Second, the time you travel is limited. Of course, travelling give you a chance to know something new but limited times gives you limited knowledge. It may give you opportunities to start to learn different cultures. However, you would spend time to study in your own country. Limited knowledge can lead you wrong way. If you study further you will have to go the country again to study, for example, enter a foreign university. It needs long time and difficult to realize for many young people because a lot of people get a job after their graduation of universities and most of their time will be for their working, not going abroad for studying.
Third, travelling is not aimed to study. Some people travels just for relaxation. They may only impressed with sightseeing spots, not be inspired the cultures.
This is why I disagree the idea that all young people should go abroad at least once because travelling abroad is beneficial for young people in that they can understand other cultures and understand their own culture more clearly.