Topic: The society would benefit from a ban on all forms of adverti...

•  
  • 39
  • 0
  • 0
Topic: The society would benefit from a ban on all forms of advertising because it serves no useful purposes and can even be damaging. However, others argue that there are still some advantages of adverts. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
TASK
The modern society has witnessed a giant leap in the aspect of advertising. Some people put forth a ban on all means of advertising while some others still regard it advantageous and beneficial in a number of ways. I strongly advocate for maintenance of advertising but reduce its frequency to a suitable amount.
On the one hand, the enthusiasts of a ban on all forms of advertising support it for several reasons. First and foremost, it is well-acknowledged that advertisements cause nothing but interruption which may culminate the annoyance among readers and viewers. Some attractive TV programs such as The Voice or Thanks God You Are Here and so forth are estimated no fewer than 3 times being interrupted by advertising, which may prevent the viewers from fully enjoying the show. In addition, a ban can help by preventing the consumers from being bombarded with different sources of information. In fact, it is undeniable that a myriad of advertisements that users may be exposed to may bring about difficulty of discriminating between sources to make the best decision on the products.
On the other hand, the modern society still benefit from the advert in numerous ways. It is believed to be an effective way to introduce a new product into the market, which will help stimulate people to purchase it. Moreover, advertising is educational and dynamic in nature. It helps consumers to stay abreast of the latest products, their diverse uses and educating them new uses of the existing ones. Last but not least, advert offers users a variety of good quality products. A myriad of goods are advertised under different brand names, enhancing the competition among the corporations. Therefore, manufacturers aim at providing quality products to consumers and winning their confidence in the products.
All things considered, rather than imposing a ban on advert, it is paramount that its frequency should be reduced to an adverse minimum to avoid the possible annoyance.