Massive extinction in Triassic period

•  
  • 228
  • 0
  • 1
The article states that in the Triassic period many living species were extricated and provides three reasons of supports. However, the professor explains that none of these reasons explains this massive extinction and refutes each of the author's reasons.

Firstly, the reading claims that see level decreased and made a drastic effect on food chain. Thus, many plants were extinct, and animals were died. The professor opposes this point by saying that this is true which see level in the Triassic period fluctuated, but coastal and shallow water can adept themselves with new environment. Falling level accrue during several million years, so this is not happen suddenly to have a big impact on environment.

Secondly, the letter adds that climate became cooler because of volcanic activity and exhausting of sulfur dioxide. However, the professor contends that although, sulfur dioxide is greenhouse and made temperature warmer, it happen in short period. Since exceeding sulfur dioxide fall back by raining and combination by water. This phenomenon is not too long to influence on lives of animals and plants.

Thirdly, the article alleges that asteroid strike to Earth and released dust to air that prevent reaching sunlight to plants. Hence, many species have not sufficient food and died . The professor refutes this claim by talking about past asteroid strike. Many scientists are agree about the idea of asteroid collision and impact of them on Earth at Triassic period, but these strikes happen too long ago before extinction and it is not possible effect of them on Earth's ecology.