Standardized testing

•  
  • 92
  • 0
  • 1
The article states that standardizing test is a best way for educational process and provides three reasons of supports. However, the professor explains that grade of student not due to standardize the exam and refutes each of the author’s reasons.
First, the article states that statewide and national wide exam has better results. The professor refutes this point by saying that it is not lead to improve student. This system push all students with same material and teacher are not free to choose them. Also, he explains that teacher do not have enough time to learn style of teaching because they must focus on materials.
Second, the article claims that the success of student in this exam is very important for schools and so they try more. However, the professor contends that this style is accompanied with punishment of student. When a student have a good grade receive more funds from schools and the student with lower grade will be frustrated.
Third, the reading avers that result of this exam is very useful for student and schools use that to find what student want to improve. The lecture opposes this point by saying that this path don't help student in future. There are many schools in the every city and more than is students that studies in them. Everyone has a certain problem such as social or illness and so on and there are a lot of method to overcome and solve their problems. It was impossible to consider this entire problem in educational process