Genetically Modified Food

•  
  • 221
  • 0
  • 1
The article states that genetic modification has many benefits for society and provides three reasons of support. However, the professor explains that this issue not clears and maybe it has some beneficial, but need major drawback and refutes each of the author's reasons.

First, the reading states that modification of food lead to better crops and have benefit for both farmers and societies. The professor refutes this point by stating that it necessary doesn’t lead to good crops. Scientists must study over 100 years and test these products more and more times. Researchers change genes and these new products maybe not stable and productive like natural types.

Second, the article avers that it makes the food safer. Researchers do a lot of tests and evaluate new one. However, the professor contends that still there are a lot of question that needs to answer. Researchers conduct many tests, but company does not publish their results. If they publish them, other scientists can review these articles and oppose or confirm them.

Third, the reading claims that it omits famine problems in the underdeveloped countries. They can use new crops that need less water. The professor opposes this point by saying that it not solves the problem of these countries. They maybe produce more, but their storage not filled. Because, they have a weak economy and must export their products. So, they must build their infrastructure that has more effect on their society.