Question: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to use printed material such as books and articles to do research than it is to use the internet. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

•  
  • 281
  • 0
  • 2
Through history, researchers have made a great contribution on the people's life. Recently, there have been a lot of controversies about the idea that scientists should not make use the internet for their research. Some people hold the view that internet is not a reliable database for investigation. I, nonetheless contend that there will be many benefit for researcher if they use internet. In other words, this type of research, the more society is likely to become prosperous in the future. In the following paragraphs, I will cogently present three conspicuous reasons to illustrate this perspective.
To commence, one of the reasons coming to mind at first to support the stance taken above is that internet is a accessible base for research. Moreover, nowadays, technology advanced more and when we want in every place and time, we are able to connect to internet. So, we have access to a large amount of material for research or other things. On the other hand, printed materials are in library ordinary and we must spend our time in library for study or research. If we spent our time in such place, we would be tired but internet in not this like. Not only is there everywhere and every time, but also we are comfortable with it. Because, we can do our research in our home or in vacation.
Alongside with the elaborated reason above, another equally noteworthy reason in corroborating my point is that internet has huge resources for research. To illustrate, there are a lot of online magazine in the world and many of them do not published in article form or book. Consequently, there is more online material then printed form. A vivid example to shed more light on this issue is the survey conducted by University of Oxford. The survey revealed that 80% of magazine are in online form because, many research do not use printed material. Moreover, we can perceive that resource’s types are changing to online.
To sum up, based on aforementioned reasons, one can logically make conclusion that it is internet research is very better way for our scientific society. However, that was the story in nutshell; actually, there are other reasons and examples, supporting the claims, which are not mentioned here. All in all it is highly recommended further surveys to be conducted to assess long-term effects of this policy to the science.